Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie1 View Post
Not impressed....there are some much better statues of MLK...............

http://www.ethicsoup.com/americas-ma...hoto-tour.html
Excellent, thanks, Lizzie. Any of those memorials would be better. By the way, it's a truism that some statues are used in multiple places. I know of the same Roger Brooke Taney statue that can be seen in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Annapolis. He's the controversial Supreme Court justice who gave the Dred Scott ruling that led to the Civil War. And one of "Braveheart" William Wallace the Scottish hero can be seen both in Scotland (Stirling I believe) and in Druid Hill Park, Baltimore.

Chris

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by az_gila View Post
But even the Chinese seem to have a better review criteria -

According to the regulation, mass-produced Mao statues must pass a strict examination by at least five experts to ensure the expression, hairstyle, facial- and body-features, costume and posture reflect Mao’s real appearance. What’s more, the statue cannot be made out of plastic. If there are Mao statues failed to meet the new technical criteria, they may be confiscated and destroyed by relevant authorities.
Hi AZ

Thanks for this. I don't know whether you heard the controversy that the image of the Statue of Liberty on the recently produced U.S. postage stamp is based on the replica of the statue in Las Vegas rather than the original. To me that's a storm in a teacup since it's still the likeness of the original statue on Liberty Island.

Chirs