Thread: Cranborne Road Murder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking at Wikipedia last year, I noticed that there was no mention of the Wallace case anywhere in it's pages and decided to create an entry. It sat there unmolested until quite recently when, checking on it I noticed two lines had been added at the bottom by someone unknown. They referred to a theory by a Keith Andrews that the person responsible for the murder of Julia Wallace was none other than her next door neighbour. I had finished my entry by saying that nobody else had been charged with the murder, other that the reprieved Wallace and that therefore the murder remained unsolved.
    I was pretty irritated at this addition of an unproven theory ( which is a long way from new) because it implied that this Andrews character had solved the murder. I found an entry for him in Wikipedia and he has attempted to confirm his theory by quoting it's inclusion in a book by someone called Arabella McIntyre Brown, whoever she is.
    As this is simply a theory and not sustainable by evidence or a signed confession, it has no place in an entry based on known facts and I attempted to remove the offending lines, but the entry has been padlocked by the admin. I wonder why. I have done a couple of other Wikipedia entries on Liverpool murders and await their re-editing by whoever did the Wallace one.

Last edited by birdseye; 04-25-2007 at 06:20 PM.