The residents both past and present have always had to deal with their area being at the hands of the developers...Gerard Gardens were the long awaited homes that the people of Little Italy deserved but it wasn't long before they were hemmed in on all sides by the widening of roads and the Churchill flyovers during the 60's.
The second Mersey tunnel in the 70?s led to the total destruction of Scotland Rd and Scotland Place along with the local shops, churches pub's and school's...residents were re-homed in the new towns such as Cantrill Farm etc which for many brought isolation.
If that wasn't bad enough the 80's brought more upheaval for the remaining residents of the Scotland Rd area when the decision for yet more widening of the roads led to Gerard Gardens being demolished.
So ok the residents now have beautiful homes and gardens but at a cost of almost constant turmoil, you only have to walk around there to see the pride they have in their area, they are happy why throw a spanner in the works now.
And as for pensioners and students getting along I suggest you ask the people of Holy Cross the answer to that one.
The original post I made was not really for discussion regardless of approval or disapproval, I am asking for any ideas as to halt the situation which I would really appreciate at the minute...thank you for the links Howie but please if possible think of something like Henry 8th once staying in a room above the Ponny!!! So we can slap a preservation order on the place.