YO! Liverpool

Thread: HUNTS CROSS SHOPPING PARK

Thanks

Default HUNTS CROSS SHOPPING PARK

I have heard a rumour Asda are planning on extending thier Hunts cross store by carrying on the tradition of adding a second floor. Having seen the New york bar and the childrens play centre close, is this to facilitate any future extensions into the white elephant Mall area.

ADVERTISING

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baldyman26 View Post
    Having seen the New york bar and the childrens play centre close
    Have they?
    Liverpool in Pictures/ YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain.

All server & domain costs are covered by myself & kind donations of individuals.

If you like the website, please donatevia PayPal!

Thank you

Kev
    2005 - 2017

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Have they?
    Last time I looked they where, the bar was boarded up, and the Childrens place was deserted, a friend of mine tried to book a party there but the telephone number has been cut off.

Thanks

Default Its True!!

I used to work in an office above the new york bar, but have since relocated as asda did not allow us to renew our lease. asda have had plans lined up for a year, they are waiting for leases to expire on all the shops in the arcade , at which time an expansion plan will come to fruition, not sure what there planning exactly but i doubt it will be a small!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelCake View Post
    I was told they are adding a second floor to the Smithdown road shop
    They already have

Thanks

I have heard a rumour Asda are planning on extending thier Hunts cross store by carrying on the tradition of adding a second floor. Having seen the New york bar and the childrens play centre close, is this to facilitate any future extensions into the white elephant Mall area.
    yer thy are expanding in january 09 they are going to the mall and collegue car park

Thanks

the kids place was called grandmas. my sister worked there from near enough the begining to the end and turns out they were in major debt so had to shut and get all stuff sold off. the new yorks been split in half now and one side was empty last time i saw it and the other with the door into the mall was subway. grandmas is just now an empty shell. no sign of anything getting done to asda

Thanks

The Hunts Cross shopping centre is only worth going there for Asda and to see that parrot in the pet shop.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thanks

i finally now what asda are planning and its good

Thanks

Tell us more ????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paullfc View Post
    i finally now what asda are planning and its good
    Before any expansion. Someone needs to come up with a plan to make Speke Hall Road dual lane towards Speke Road (much longer than the 50 yards or so as it is now), as the traffic around there can be a nightmare with queues of people waiting to tun left into the place, or right, onto Hillfoot Ave.

Encouraging more people into that area before the traffic is thought about is just going to cause more problems.

I've started to go to Morrisons in Speke more often as the access is easier.

Thanks

Don't make it dual lane, I'll never be able to cross over it, at places other than the lights. It's bad enough already !!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You live in that area?! I'm sorry , hope you get the chance to move soon!
    It's not that bad. Believe me, really.

Thanks

You live in that area?! I'm sorry , hope you get the chance to move soon!
    , naaa I live in Bootle but gotta travel there each week day. Bootle ain't great, but I wouldn't wanna live in Speke/Hunts Cross

Thanks

I know the area around Mackets lane well now although i'll never visit that part of "liverpool" again , obviously. Everything seems so far away! Even basic things like a decent Indian take away or nice park.
    Parks

Arncliffe Road
    Loop line (fields and play areas off that)
    Reynolds Park
    Sefton Park
    Calderstones
    Woolton woods/ Camp Hill
    Belle Vale

to name a few

Indians

Hunts Cross
    Woolton

How many do you want? You obviously dont know the area that much.

Thanks

I meant within walking distance and I know the area well enough after spending half the week there for two years. Walking from the house I stayed in to sefton park is quite a trek for most.
    It's a cultural desert too as there are no cinemas and theatres unless I missed them..
    How Strange!! Why would anyone need to walk from Macketts Lane to Sefton Park????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    , naaa I live in Bootle but gotta travel there each week day. Bootle ain't great, but I wouldn't wanna live in Speke/Hunts Cross
    Really? I lived in Bootle for a while and about 10 years ago I thought it was ok, went back the other week and nothing has changed, it seems to have gotten worse in all honesty. I was quite taken aback by it.

Hunts Cross and especially Speke have improved in my eyes. I can't see anything 'serious' with Hunts Cross at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LiverbirdLou View Post
    Really? I lived in Bootle for a while and about 10 years ago I thought it was ok, went back the other week and nothing has changed, it seems to have gotten worse in all honesty. I was quite taken aback by it.

Hunts Cross and especially Speke have improved in my eyes. I can't see anything 'serious' with Hunts Cross at all.
    I guess it depends on the area in Bootle. I don't live where everyone wants to move to, but it seems harmless enough and I don't hear lots of rowdy gangs here. I have noticed a few more broken windows lately though so maybe it is getting worse.

I know I'm older and stupider but a few years ago, I'd never have walked down Marsh Lane at night, but I've done it a few times since and survived.

I only really see the industrial part of Speke and have only seen the train station area of hunts cross, so they both look drab. It's not like I've got time to go exploring when I only get 30 mins for dinner

Thanks

thats true. I used to live off Linacre Road, I guess you would class that more as Litherland, it was alright. Few gangs but it calmed down. I like Bootle, there is a lot on your doorstep and its handy for town if you work there!

The good thing about living in the north and south of the city is I could be a bloomin' taxi driver!

Thanks

I live off Knowsley Rd, but not too close to the park. I was walking down my street before and there was a gang of lads and the obligatory Ugg boot wearing girls outside one of the houses so I guess I'll need to move soon

Are u mums taxi yet ? That car sticker confuses me coz it's really kids taxi, ain't it

Thanks

In the original plans from the 1930s, Speke should have had a promenade and cinemas. However they have had parks, shops, schools ,banks, pubs and a lot more than a lot of places have had and most of it got wrecked. Its a shame really because there are lots of nice people in Speke and many keep their houses like little palaces. Unfortunately the scum got out of control.