YO! Liverpool
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tremendous Welcome for the Queen.

  1. #1
    Newbie Ebby1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Tremendous Welcome for the Queen.

    Have been waiting around all day and finally got a glimpse of Qeen Elizabeth at the Capitol here in Richmond, Virginia. Most of the streets where closed off (security issues) and thousands of people are arriving here for the car racing that will be taking place tomorrow. Thousands turned out to welcome her. She had to climb about 40 steps up to the Capitol, she made it without gaspng for breath---she did better than I did. It felt like part of my beloved England came to visit me---made me feel proud.


    ADVERTISING



  2. #2
    Creator & Administrator Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Under The Stairs >> Under The Mud.
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Excellent
    Liverpool in Pictures/ YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain.

    All server & domain costs are covered by myself & kind donations of individuals.

    If you like the website, please donatevia PayPal!




    Thank you


    Kev
    2005 - 2017

  3. #3
    Senior Member Norm NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    85
    Posts
    608
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebby1954 View Post
    Have been waiting around all day and finally got a glimpse of Qeen Elizabeth at the Capitol here in Richmond, Virginia. Most of the streets where closed off (security issues) and thousands of people are arriving here for the car racing that will be taking place tomorrow. Thousands turned out to welcome her. She had to climb about 40 steps up to the Capitol, she made it without gaspng for breath---she did better than I did. It felt like part of my beloved England came to visit me---made me feel proud.
    "Lucky You" Joyce, Saw the news coverage on TV but did'nt see you in the crowd!! perhaps you should have worn a Liverpool FC jersey Regards, Norm.

  4. #4
    Newbie Ebby1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Norm,
    It was really great to see the Queen. Getting through the traffic was a nightmare but when I got to see her---it was worth it!
    Everybody here is amazed how she walked up those 40 steps to the Capitol with no help from anyone---when she got to the top she wasn't even breathing heavy. Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine was walking up the steps beside her, he kept stopping and talking, I believe he was doing this because he was having a hard time making it up those steps.
    Keep In Touch
    Joyce

  5. #5
    Senior Member Norm NZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    85
    Posts
    608
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebby1954 View Post
    Norm,
    It was really great to see the Queen. Getting through the traffic was a nightmare but when I got to see her---it was worth it!
    Everybody here is amazed how she walked up those 40 steps to the Capitol with no help from anyone---when she got to the top she wasn't even breathing heavy. Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine was walking up the steps beside her, he kept stopping and talking, I believe he was doing this because he was having a hard time making it up those steps.
    Keep In Touch
    Joyce
    "Just as well he did'nt have to carry all those hats she had with her Eh!!
    Keep Well Joyce!! Enjoy your Summer, Norm.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Maybe she will love it so much she will stay there and move the whole family over to Disneyworld

  7. #7
    Senior Member shytalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pocahontas.Arkansas. U.S.A.
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Maybe she will love it so much she will stay there and move the whole family over to Disneyworld
    If she does I will emigrate back to the UK.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Help find Madeleine Sloyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    One of my neighbours just mentioned something to me: The Queen visiting the USA and not visiting Canada, in the same trip, was akin to a mother visiting her daughter's neighbour without paying her daughter, next door, a visit. After all she is Queen of Canada.
    Help find Madeleine

  9. #9
    Help find Madeleine Sloyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Maybe she will love it so much she will stay there and move the whole family over to Disneyworld
    Well, seeing as the whole "Royal" apparatus is, in this, the 21st. century, a bit of make believe, the above is a good idea, IMHO!
    Help find Madeleine

Similar Threads

  1. RMS Queen Mary & RMS Queen Elizabeth
    By XL391 in forum Liverpool History and Heritage Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!