Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Hi Emma.
    I dont know if this is any use, but here goes.
    I used to care for a man called Harry Jones who died 5yrs ago. He and his cousin who were 15 at the time were the first to be arrested by Balmer. They had delivered some hardware to the cinema the previous night and were chatting up the usherette. This was construed by Balmer as 'casing the joint'. Only cast iron alibis saved them from the gallows as Balmer had a history of nailing anybody regardless of the truth. He also was well known amongst local publicans of running protection rackets and supplying spirits from the usa from burtonwood airbase. It is reported that he even had his own private jeep supplied by the yanks. His whole team were renowned for corruption. Can you imagine being locked in a cell at 15, threatened with death, at the hands of a man like Balmer and without recourse to legal representation? Harry told me all about his experience in this case which is absolutely shocking. Good luck.
    Mike Parker
    If you want, my phone is 07540642264

What you have to say, really proves the veracity of George Skelly's book. Your account of how 15-year-old Harold Jones was treated tallies exactly with the account account in The Cameo Conspiracy. But how do you know all about Balmer's other activities if not from Skelly's book? Or do you have personal knowledge?

Here's another account of Balmer's handling of a murder case.

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...ne-Road-Murder

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Yes, I've read that thread about the Cranborne Road Murder. I just hope that when that book comes out, we dont have the usual bunch of local "experts" on the case trotting out their "own"pre- knowledge of the case, as they have done ever since the two Cameo books were published!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishboyo View Post
    Yes, I've read that thread about the Cranborne Road Murder. I just hope that when that book comes out, we dont have the usual bunch of local "experts" on the case trotting out their "own"pre- knowledge of the case, as they have done ever since the two Cameo books were published!!
    Totally agree with you. I thought George's book on the Cameo Murders was brilliant and so well researched. I'd never heard of the Cranborne murders until I read about Balmer, and am looking forward to GS's book on this carriage of misjustice.

Anyone know a publication date yet?

I dont know any publication date. But I agree with you that Skelly's Cameo book was very well researched. And it is because i know how much effort goes into such research over many years in order to produce such an investigative book, that it really annoys me when people, after reading the book/s, then start pontificating and offering theories, information and explanations etc, as if from their own expert knowledge of the case/s, rather than having the courtesy to attribute the source of their information/knowledge to the author who actually did the hard graft.
    Last edited by irishboyo; 02-05-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Blog Entries

I have recieved an email from George Skelly, he is giving a talk at the St Georges Hall about the Cameo,

I shall be giving a half hour talk at St George's Hall on Sat, 20th March on "Liverpool Juries: Did They Make The Right Decisions?" It will include examinations of the Wallace,Cameo and Cranborne Road trials.
    George.

Should be very interesting, BE THERE.

I will go = what time please Kong?

Blog Entries

Hi Burkhilly,
    I have sent him an email asking him, I will let you know later
    Cheers.

Blog Entries

Here is George`s reply,

Brian the Talk is 11 am in the Civil Court.
    Thanks,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    I have recieved an email from George Skelly, he is giving a talk at the St Georges Hall about the Cameo,

I shall be giving a half hour talk at St George's Hall on Sat, 20th March on "Liverpool Juries: Did They Make The Right Decisions?" It will include examinations of the Wallace,Cameo and Cranborne Road trials.
    George.

Should be very interesting, BE THERE.
    I look forward to hearing that.

Blog Entries

A new email from George Skelly.................re the talk on the Wallace, Cameo and Burns and Devlin cases at St Georges Hall in the Civil Court.
    HI Brian
    Have been informed that the talk is a Tickets affair, which are obtainable from St Georges Hall and Radio Merseyside, "from sometime this week".
    At the moment they are free. But I'm told they may charge £1 on the door!
    Proceeds are to the Lord Mayor's Charity Fund.

Thanks Brian.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast