Thread: Everton Valley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A correction to my long post above .
    The shop coming DOWN E.V. on the LEFT side of E.V. was Norris's ...(near St Domingo Road junction).

The shop on the Left going UP E.V. was Counsellor Gilligans = (on the corner of Kirkdale Vale).

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Ged -- you are correct . The Derby Arms !! -- how could I forget that -I played darts there on many nights a week whilst having a pint and called in to the small room every Saturday for a drink after going to the Match (both LFC+ EFC) and to get the footy results to check my Pools Coupon by.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

georgie porgie -- In the Doctor's Surgery -- we used to slide along the long benches zig zagging to to reach the front in my time ...and you eventually reached the front near Dr. Melrose's office ..then look to see whose bell had clinked ...Yardy's or Melrose's, so as to go in to your own Doctor.
    My Mother + Father first had "Old " Dr Yardumium then "Young" Dr Yardumium , even when he moved his surgery from E.V. to Westminster Road near the baths somewhere, and they had left EV to live about 10 miles away and had to catch 2 buses and a long walk from the bottomn of EV to surgery !! If they were ill when they set off they were cured by the time they got to the surgery.
    Last edited by TomK; 03-06-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: the word colour appeared

Hi,...I can give you 100% information on Everton Vallety
    Not exactly a precise landmarking of the area as certain things have been left out,Tom.

St Georges School,The Flats off Beacon Lane also viewable on St Domingo itself,The Washhouse,The shops on same side as the washouse further down,these shops had houses on top,the Albion house footy enclosure,ect,ect

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

(done up like a mock Tudor building)...just past it is the sweet shop run by a little old white haired lady (name escapes me at mo)
    Are you sure it wasn't a chemist?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

http://media.photobucket.com/image/h...HeyworthSt.jpg