YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton Valley

Thanks

Default Everton Valley

Hi There
    Does anybody remember what was on Everton Valley in between the Valley Pub and the Bank at the bottom of the Valley were the flats are now. I have seen old pictures and they look like builders yards but not to sure can anybody help cheers Ged

ADVERTISING

Debra

I was born in Everton Valley , as i remember it the was big houses on the same side as the pub , we lived in rooms , the house was owned by Johnny Morrisey who played for Everton , the there was the bank , and over the road was Pobjoy's jewellers and Harry Quuins bike shop .. Opposite the house i remember the bus stop and Barn's sweet shop , i cant remember what else was there though .. I'll ask my Dad , he'll know .

George

Don't recall any flats being at the bottom of everton valley? there where hi-rise flats at the junction of scotland Road and Boundry Road,behind those flats where Hi-rise flats on Great Homer Street.

What type of flats?

Here's a pic below of Everton Valley which Ged F posted elsewhere,the bank you can see opposite the pub and on the pub side further up(Blue Gates) I'm sure that was either a builders yard or council depot? opposite the pub is the Barcleys Bank,its closed down now and in recent times was a Upholstrey funiture business.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	derbyarmsmar73evvalleys.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	12572

Thanks

Not sure where u mean. Notre Dame convent school was on the left as you drop down from St Domingo Road towards Netherfield Road (do you mean those flats) . Me ma went there.

George

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Not sure where u mean. Notre Dame convent school was on the left as you drop down from St Domingo Road towards Netherfield Road (do you mean those flats) . Me ma went there.
    Hah,those ones,they were maisonettes not flats.

Thanks

Ha? Okay then the flats off Great Homer Street then!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast