YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roads

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Roads

165 jobs hope at 7m airport business site. WORK is about to begin on a 7m development at the former Speke Aerodrome terminal complex. The three-acre scheme will occupy the cleared site of a large hangar on Banks Road and will offer 50,000 sq ft of space combining office and business accommodation. The project is being developed by Leeds-based regeneration firm, Priority Sites, working closely with regeneration agency, Liverpool Land Development Company. It is anticipated that the development will create up to 165 jobs when occupiers move in. more

ADVERTISING

This plus the Matchworks 2 development opposite plus the development of The Old Firestation, plus the massive factories further down for that print factory plus the widening of the road have all made Banks Road, Garston a mess for residents attempting to leave their homes any time of the day. The road id full of mud, its choker busy with the retail park anyway!!

Good news on the jobs front and regeneration, but not for 'ickle old me
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

A.D.Williams

Those roadworks are taking the mickey, Kev. How many times must they close one lane of Speke Road? Why did they not work over the Easter break to finish the work on a major road into the downtown area?

Not impressed!!

Gnomie

Edge Lane is to start work tommorrow on the road widening scheme. It is believed the work will take over 1 year.

Old swan cant take anymore traffic ,its bad enough as it is. Now us and Wavertree will get most of Edge lanes traffic. This council is mad

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The amount of plants they are ripping up is terrible. The retail park causes jams all the way along speke rd and in the oposite by the new PC World.
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    165 jobs hope at 7m airport business site. WORK is about to begin on a 7m development at the former Speke Aerodrome terminal complex. The three-acre scheme will occupy the cleared site of a large hangar on Banks Road and will offer 50,000 sq ft of space combining office and business accommodation. The project is being developed by Leeds-based regeneration firm, Priority Sites, working closely with regeneration agency, Liverpool Land Development Company. It is anticipated that the development will create up to 165 jobs when occupiers move in. more

This plus the Matchworks 2 development opposite plus the development of The Old Firestation, plus the massive factories further down for that print factory plus the widening of the road have all made Banks Road, Garston a mess for residents attempting to leave their homes any time of the day. The road id full of mud, its choker busy with the retail park anyway!!

Good news on the jobs front and regeneration, but not for 'ickle old me
    Took the 86A ages to get past the New Mersey. Getting onto Speke Road (Airport Bound) off Horrocks Avenue is a nightmare! Must have taken an extra 15mins to get through it all. normally, the bus cruises along!

Surely Edge Lane is alright the way it is. If the light's at Durning Roadwern't there, then there would be no problem. Personally, the junction should be moved to Beech Street so that Sheil Road Traffic doesn't need to use Holt Road. I would then Pedestrianise Holt Road so that the shops can be easlily accessed on foot. I would also clean the brickwork up and put some awnings on the shop fronts too. The lighting could be changed but to be honest, I don't think that is needed.

Durning Road would be blocked off and traffic would use Botanic Road instead. It looks just as wide as Durning Road and so should be more than capable to take on the extra traffic.

The Grand Houses on Edge Lane would then remain intact and I would try to get Urban Splash in to revovate the properties. This would require the demolision of Royston Street so that the properties can have sizaeable back gardens and off street parking. Something people want in a inner city envionment!

That would be my plan for Edge Lane anyway. Seems the most realistic rather than pulling everyting down and moving people out of their homes.
    Last edited by wallasey; 07-16-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Our Roads

THE pothole-riddled road around Liverpool's historic Sefton Park would need a 4m injection of cash to cure the problem, city councillors have been told. more

I can confirm the road is appauling and falls apart literally under your wheels, with new holes appearing daily and getting wider. My poor mini doesnt stand a chance
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast