Thread: If I said...

George

Default If I said...

Catwalk, would anyone know what I meant? and no its not a stage for beauties displaying their curvy bits and attire.

It was situated around some of the steep slopes of havelock street.

And does anyone know where John Parrot(Snooker Player) lived at the time of his schooling days?
    Last edited by George; 07-21-2009 at 10:45 AM.

George. There's a pic of a posh steery in Bernard Fallon's photo book, it has a bike headlamp tied to it.

I know John Parrot is from the Everton district as one of the lads we used to drink in the tugboat with circa 1978-80 who was cracker at pool used to go up to SFX club where John would be playing snooker - and beating everyone.

For my mates part, (Ditty) He would go on the pool table in the tuggy at 7.30 pm - go through the lot of us, am i'm handy, we'd go the New York and Old Campfield then back the tuggy and everyone would be complaining he was still on.

He plied his trade on the Soho Arms table, known as big nosed Jacks.

Ditty - Where are yer?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    George. There's a pic of a posh steery in Bernard Fallon's photo book, it has a bike headlamp tied to it.

I know John Parrot is from the Everton district

Ditty - Where are yer?
    Yis! I knew it I and a mate used to hang round with him now and again after school hours.

I was from Everton, Northumberland Terrace area...So if yer lookin in John P we never did see inside yer Ma's home...couldn't ruddy knock on his front door yer had to bang on the back enog door Oh! and yer will remember the catwalk...yer it was adjacent to your back door to the right side.

I'm in Anfield Ged, lodged veween the two grounds.