Thread: 21 Holly Street, Liverpool.

Thumbs up 21 Holly Street, Liverpool.

Does anyone have any info on Liverpool in 1914? Specifically 21 Holly Street, Liverpool. The reason I ask is that it is the address on my late Grandparents; marriage certificate. Their names are Charles Young and Emily Wheeler. Even if no one has any info on them, at least I would know what kind of accommodation they were in. My Grandfather Charles Young had just enlisted in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and I think they got married just in case he didn't come back from the war, and so my grandmother would have a pension for her and their children. Was Holly Street an army barracks, does anyone know. I'd love to find out and would be so grateful if someone could help. Hope I'm not flouting any rules by asking these questions. Look forward to hearing from anyone with any info.

I lived at 39 Holly st from 1962 - 68 in flats similar to Eldon Grove which are still standing. They were built in 1912 but only went from 33 - 79 Holly st which was from Christian street up to St. Anne St.

I suspect your relatives will have lived in the row of 10 white cottages that were on Holly street on the other side of Christian street running westwards. The Liverpool records office definitely have a picture of these cottages and I know I have a pic of them in the distance somewhere which i'll try to dig out.

theninesisters

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by moogaloo View Post
    Does anyone have any info on Liverpool in 1914? Specifically 21 Holly Street, Liverpool. The reason I ask is that it is the address on my late Grandparents; marriage certificate. Their names are Charles Young and Emily Wheeler. Even if no one has any info on them, at least I would know what kind of accommodation they were in. My Grandfather Charles Young had just enlisted in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and I think they got married just in case he didn't come back from the war, and so my grandmother would have a pension for her and their children. Was Holly Street an army barracks, does anyone know. I'd love to find out and would be so grateful if someone could help. Hope I'm not flouting any rules by asking these questions. Look forward to hearing from anyone with any info.
    Holly Street was in the area of the Street heading upwards which is now St Josephs Crescent.St Anne Street Police station is the grey building to the Left..This photo and Hundreds more are part of a Slideshow I made because I grew up in this area and wanted to make something showing the Gerard Gardens area where I grew up..

The White building right Centre Picture was the Pontack Pub where I lived for years before moving over the Road to Gerard Gardens after getting married.

These ones on the left are where I lived but as I say these started at No.33, we lived in 39. Gerard, I have the full colour list with pic on it showing Robert and Margaret F...... living at No. 26b in 1963, i'll drop it into you (didn't know if you'd want me to post the full surname)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ho.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1237  

That last picture by the way was from the L.R.O. so thank you to them. Taken by Harry Ainscough, an Ormskirk born, Sheffield living chap who photographed a lot of Liverpool in the 1960s, thank God.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    These ones on the left are where I lived but as I say these started at No.33, we lived in 39. Gerard, I have the full colour list with pic on it showing Robert and Margaret F...... living at No. 26b in 1963, i'll drop it into you (didn't know if you'd want me to post the full surname)

Thank you kind Sir..I'll be made up with that Ged Lad...
    I'd better not call yer an ugly spud in them new piccies yer'v put on had I !!
    Thanks again Ged..good Lad.