Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with a Liverpool ghosts and hauntings book

Blog Entries

Captain Kong - great story! Not often you hear of something so physical happening as a result of haunting.

*Lyra* - was this the council house on Madryn where Anthony and Alison Santos lived in the late 1980s? Lots of poltergeist activity reported there. So much, in fact, that the council moved them out temporarily.

For anyone who is interested, I'll be giving a talk about Liverpool ghosts and hauntings at Liverpool World Museum on Friday the 30th of October at 12:30. Entry is free. More info at http://hauntedliverpool.blogspot.com/
    Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Regrettably, the talk has now been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Apologies.

Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Bloody shame, I was looking forward to meeting you!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    Regrettably, the talk has now been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Apologies.
    Someone got spooked

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    Come on....admit it,you've been exorcised,yeh!!

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    A HAUNTING EXPERIENCE.

I have seen many ghosts.
    This is one of them. He was violent and he broke my ankle. So it was not imagination.

I joined the Esso Yorkshire, a 90,000 ton tanker, in San Francisco, in January 1975, with my brother, John, who is now the brewer from Knowlsley. The lad who was paying off was just leaving the cabin as I moved in .
    He said you won`t get much sleep in here it`s Effing haunted. I just laughed thinking that he was joking.
    It started on the first night at sea as we sailed across the Pacific for the Gulf , a 42 day trip.
    I was 4 to 8 watch and at midnight the cabin lights came on and there was a guy wearing a white boiler suit, Esso logo, but face was just like a mist. He grabbed my leg and heaved me out of my bunk and I crashed onto the deck, I shouted and got to my feet and he was gone,
    I legged it up to the mess room and the only guy around was the 12 -4 standby man, smoking a ciggy and drinking coffee, "Some ba*t*rd has pulled me from my bunk" I said " Have you seen any one?" He replied no, he had been there all alone.
    On watch at 4am I told the Mate all about it, he had known about it but there were no spare cabins on board as we had 12 NIKO workers on board doing maintenance .so I would have to stay there.
    This went on for several nights and my brother who had the cabin next door woke up one night and saw a man in a white boiler suit walk through his cabin door and then he heard the shouting and banging coming from my cabin, the coward legged it up to the mess room and stayed there for night , he did not come in to see what was happening to me.
    The ghost could pick me up as if I was completely weightless and throw me across the cabin at the formica bulkhead and bounce me off it, The bulkheads were all badly cracked.. Then one night he got my ankle and twisted it round and heaved me out including the mattress and crashed me onto the deck and broke my ankle, the cabin was completely wrecked and I was lying there in screaming agony, My brother legged it up and got the Mate and the Captain and they were horrified at the destruction of the cabin and what they saw. Though they had known about it they didn`t realise how bad it was, .
    The Captain said he could not log it as no one in the Office would believe it so he said he would log it as if I had fallen down a ladder. My ankle was strapped up with elastic bandages. I was off watch and laid up. I stayed up all night until about 2am to give the ghost time to sort himself out. I wasn?t in the bunk at midnight.
    The Captain went through the old Log Books and discovered that a man, who was on the 8 to 12 watch had received a dear John letter from his wife and so he hung himself. in the cabin. So every night at just after midnight this man`s ghost was going to turn in and I was in his bunk.
    At Ras Tannurah in Saudi 3 weeks later I went to the hospital; and had it x rayed and it seemed that it had healed OK and I was kept on light duties on day work for another two weeks just to make sure it had healed. We sailed for Guam in the Mariannas in the Pacific. When I got to Guam, I got a telegram to say my dear old Dad had died. The haunting stopped after that. So maybe Dad had a word with this guy.
    And to us sceptics...what would you say ?
    I believe you but not the ghost

Blog Entries

There was an old record years back called Camouflage. I was telling a gang of kids here about it. It was about a dead Marine coming back to help his mates. I told them the story as though it happened to me in Vietnam. The head teacher got to hear of it and asked me to talk to all the kids about my experiences in Vietnam. Took me a while explaining that it was a record and I'd never fought in Vietnam.

Blog Entries

Had a weird experience a few years ago. We went to see the film Titanic on the pictures. I was telling my sister how good it was. She said she couldn't watch any movies about the Titanic cos she found she had difficulty breathing. Funny cos I had the same tightness around me chest when I was watching it. I'm pretty certain we had no relatives on that ship, but it's a bit weird.

Have you ever checked the passenger list? I've seen part of it somewhere,but can't remember where! It would be interesting to find out,dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Had a weird experience a few years ago. We went to see the film Titanic on the pictures. I was telling my sister how good it was. She said she couldn't watch any movies about the Titanic cos she found she had difficulty breathing. Funny cos I had the same tightness around me chest when I was watching it. I'm pretty certain we had no relatives on that ship, but it's a bit weird.
    Sure is weird but.....a figment of the imagination I imagine.
    Sorry, I 've yet to see proof of things that go "bump" in the night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Sure is weird but.....a figment of the imagination I imagine.
    Sorry, I 've yet to see proof of things that go "bump" in the night.
    Strange indeed. Got no explanation though. Me Nan was alive in 1912 and she woulda told us if we lost anyone on there.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Strange indeed. Got no explanation though. Me Nan was alive in 1912 and she woulda told us if we lost anyone on there.
    My mum said she'd come and haunt me when she died. No visits yet!!
    I am open minded but all this ghost stuff is still mumbo jumbo to me.
    I would stay in ANY haunted place to prove there's sod all there.
    I do believe there's something we don't know about but what I don't know (figure that out).

Blog Entries

I understand that Zap. I don't believe in ghosts and ghoulies, total garbage. Heard of some strange stuff though.

I believe any supernatural 'occurances' are due to scientific reasons, more than 'spiritual' or 'ghostly' reasons.
    Regarding the Titanic - Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan was a novella written by Morgan Robertson in 1898. The story features the ocean liner Titan, which sinks in the North Atlantic after striking an iceberg. The Titan and its sinking have been noted to be very similar to the real-life passenger ship RMS Titanic fourteen years later...The similarities are remarkable, all the more so when you consider the novel was written before the Olympic-class Titanic had even been designed, there are some remarkable similarities between the fictional and real-life counterparts. Like the Titanic, the fictional ship sank in April in the North Atlantic, and there were not enough lifeboats for the passengers. There are also similarities between the size (800 ft long for Titan versus 882? ft long for the Titanic), speed (25 knots for Titan, 23 knots for Titanic) and life-saving equipment.

Similarities between Titanic and Titan:

Unsinkable
    The Titanic was the world's largest luxury liner (882 feet, displacing 53,000 long tons), and was once described as being (nearly) "unsinkable".
    The Titan was the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men (800 feet, displacing 75,000 tons), and was considered "unsinkable".
    Lifeboats
    The Titanic carried only 20 lifeboats, less than half the number required for her passenger capacity of 3000.
    The Titan carried "as few as the law allowed", 24 lifeboats, less than half needed for her 3000 capacity.
    Struck an iceberg
    Moving too fast at 23 knots, the Titanic struck an iceberg on the night of April 14, 1912 in the North Atlantic 400 miles away from Terranova.
    Also on an April night in North Atlantic 400 miles from Newfoundland (Terranova) , the Titan hit an iceberg while traveling at 25 knots.
    The Unsinkable Sank
    The unsinkable Titanic sank, and more than half of her 2207 passengers died screaming for help.
    The indestructible Titan also sank, more than half of her 2500 passengers drowning, their "voices raised in agonized screams"
    It is Accomplished

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast