Quote Originally Posted by darrenwhite100 View Post
Architecture for me is:

A corroded, black painted, foot-scraper sitting within a hollowed-out and back scuffed wall alcove. A witness to a time before long gone, when the sidewalk was paved, but the road was not.

I don't know about you guys, but I get stopped in the street all the time, by simple objects like these. It could be ornamental stone name plates; paint faded old advertisements on the side of buildings; datum marks; boundary stones; Georgian fanlight windows; cannons used as bollards; statues made from captured enermy ordnance.

Architecture, I think, represents all of these things - objects which embody meaning. It hasn't got to look pretty, or be expensive...but I think it's important that it tells some kind of story.
Yeah Darren. I love seeing old walls utilising even older brick, cannibalised by newer builders. The Egyptians and Romans did it and you see parts of our past integrated into newer environments in Liverpool, particularly in Woolton, West Derby, Green Lane. In my neck of the woods, Lydiate, I keep seeing bits and pieces of the old Priory and Lydiate hall bricks integrated into old farm walls. Its funny how you can walk right past and not notice