Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
Our Lady of the Angels is a delightful Roman Catholic church with a magnificient interior. Unfortunately the church has been closed by the RC Archdiocese of Liverpool and was scheduled for demolition. Fortunately local people managed to get the building listed as being of national importance. It is now saved for posterity. There has been a suggestion that the church is to be used as practice space for the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. I'm not sure if that has been finally agreed.

The building was funded by the adopted daughter of William Imrie of Mossley Hill, co founder of Liverpool's White Star shipping line of later Titanic fame. She converted to Roman Catholicism following the death of her father and became a nun. William Imrie was a member of the High church wing of the Church of England and worshipped at St Margaret's Church, Prince's rd, Toxteth
I have walked past that a few times on the other side, in Bute Street, is a large bell in the garden. I was going to take a photo last week but there was a lot of litter and the lead on the canopy had been peeled off