Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITV in Croxteth gun incident

Blog Entries

Default ITV in Croxteth gun incident

Not sure how I felt when hearing this.

Part of me throught, what the heck are they thinking, putting an unorganised film crew on the streets, they are bound to be a target. Especially if they arrived with a motive to look for trouble.

I also thought it might have been an inacurate description and never happened like its been reported.

I then thought that the army should be sent in, like they do with insurgents in Iraq.

ITV attacked over 'guns on Liverpool street' claim

SCEPTICAL community leaders today hit back after a TV crew claimed they were attacked and had a gun pulled on them while filming on the streets of Liverpool. Read

-================================================-

Gun aimed at BBC radio presenter

The BBC presenter grew up in the Croxteth area

A BBC 5Live presenter from Liverpool has had a gun pointed at her while filming a TV documentary in Croxteth.

Shelagh Fogarty was filming for an ITV Tonight with Trevor McDonald..more
    Last edited by Kev; 01-28-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Frankly I believe she is another sensationalist journalist trying to boost the ratings of tonight’s program. Go and join the Sun Shelagh it sums up your level.

Steven

She never reported the incident in case the programme was pulled ! I believe she is a sensationalist and I for one will not watch the prog.

You play with matches, you'll get burned apply here? A resident did say they were revving up youths provoking them.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I listen to 5 live most mornings. I would describe her as very Liverpool friendly. She isn't a sensationalist journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerTheCat View Post
    I listen to 5 live most mornings. I would describe her as very Liverpool friendly. She isn't a sensationalist journalist.

It sounds to me that this is just another indication that the gangs are out of control and something needs to be done to take the streets back.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

If they have no footage of the incident how do we know it happened? Anyone can say anything and we're meant to take their word for it.Why were they not in Nottingham after the double shooting because surely that's a more news worthy story? Why is this the story to be highlighted when women don't feel safe walking the streets of London? Women I know feel safe here,here is not far from the notorious Strand by the way.If camera crews go pointing cameras at youths in these neighbourhoods they're going to be a target,that's not rocket science.I expected all this to start this year,they don't want a resurgent Liverpool,I'll not be watching it,if I want to watch fantasy I'll stick to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    If they have no footage of the incident how do we know it happened?
    But isn't this what the courts system is all about? Not all incidents are videotaped or photographed but presumably there were witnesses to what happened, including the boys who are said to have pulled the gun. It sounds as if the police are taking the report seriously.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Blog Entries

Its been the thing to do recently by reporters and journalists up and down the country, to come to Croxteth.

I gave that City Talk a listen before and the presenter on there had just been the previous day!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    But isn't this what the courts system is all about? Not all incidents are videotaped or photographed but presumably there were witnesses to what happened, including the boys who are said to have pulled the gun. It sounds as if the police are taking the report seriously.

Chris

Yeah Chris, it's top priority !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7213016.stm

Seems that they'll be having reports from London, Nottingham and Liverpool

http://www.itv.com/News/tonight/epis...r/default.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post

Well okay, that shows the BBC themselves are playing it down a bit, however--

"Merseyside police are investigating the incident and have found the vehicle they believe was used.

"A spokesperson said: 'This is a serious incident and we're taking every possible step to find the offenders and recover the weapon.'"

As reported at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7212556.stm
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

John(Zappa)

Apparently the reporters had been driving around the area for a bit.Obviously the kids got word of this.
    So being what they are today they decided to do what comes natural to them.They have gotta keep their street reputation and let other areas know "how hard they are".So this is no suprise to me.It won't be long before a copper gets shot just to prove "they're mad and so hard".It's their way of life sad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Apparently the reporters had been driving around the area for a bit.Obviously the kids got word of this.
    So being what they are today they decided to do what comes natural to them.They have gotta keep their street reputation and let other areas know "how hard they are".So this is no suprise to me.It won't be long before a copper gets shot just to prove "they're mad and so hard".It's their way of life sad as it is.

Already happened John, allegedly

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-19931303/

John(Zappa)

The programme made Liverpool look the worst.
    All other cities where reported from the city centre.Ours-the suburbs.
    London highlighted a bag theft,Nottingham-a knife incident.Liverpool was an in depth report and confrontation with local youths,consisting of stone throwing and supposedly threatening behaviour with a gun.
    Was this programme purposely made for the outcome to be Liverpool depicted as the worst city of the three.? If so they have accomplished what they set out to achieve.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast