Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famous Scousers Panorama

Default Famous Scousers Panorama

For the past couple of months Ive been putting together this panorama in Photoshop, with as many scousers and Liverpool linked people on it, I was thinking of a website and seeign if anyone can name all the people on it. Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

I am still working on it...keep coming up with new people to put on it, so much so that I have had to make the image size slightly bigger to accomodate the new folk.

Just realised
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	famous scousersdotcom small.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	1449  

You'd need a whole bigger pic than that if you're including Liverpool associated people as well as those born here I think.

There are just so many t.v. personalities, sportspersons, inventors, discoverers, politicians, artists, reformists, musicians etc etc.

I don't envy you - well done.

Hi Steve

Excellent work, Steve. This is coming along. I don't particularly like the Gormley figure in the middle. To my mind, the Gormley iron men are not what I would associate as being characteristic of Merseyside, although others might disagree. I would rather see the Liver Bird at the center myself or else Super Lamb Banana with the "08" on it. The Ken Dodd image at the lower right looks a bit spooky. I would like to see a bigger blow up of your montage and would probably be able to come up with more famous Scousers to add.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

What a brilliant idea Steve. I like it. It's true that you will have a job fitting in all the famous Scousers, there are so many.

Sorry Chris, but I like the idea of the iron men being in there. Think I'd make the one in the centre a bit smaller though.
    Perhaps a smaller iron man could be standing with someone holding his hand.

Gerard

Great stuff Stevie Lad...
    Welcome by the way matie.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    What a brilliant idea Steve. I like it. It's true that you will have a job fitting in all the famous Scousers, there are so many.

Sorry Chris, but I like the idea of the iron men being in there. Think I'd make the one in the centre a bit smaller though.
    Perhaps a smaller iron man could be standing with someone holding his hand.
    Perhaps a sprig of seeweed just like the Liver Bird?
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Nice one Steve, where am I ?
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Nice one Steve, where am I ?
    Brilliant Steve. John, daren't say where you should be catorgarised after your recent form!

Default panorama

I am setting myself as 31st of March as the end date for the panorama, so if you have any suggestions for people ot things to include let me know....after that date Im setting up the website and getting the panorama published in some way shape or form

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    I am setting myself as 31st of March as the end date for the panorama, so if you have any suggestions for people ot things to include let me know....after that date Im setting up the website and getting the panorama published in some way shape or form
    Hi Steve

You might want to in the meanwhile set up the website or at least a webpage with a private address where we and others could view a large size copy of the panorama and better judge who else should be on there. I believe there is one person who should be on there that I don't see, General Sir Banastre Tarleton, and maybe King John and Jeremiah Horrocks might be represented as well. Of course, we could go on endlessly. For example, since some have been arguing that Hale should be part of Liverpool you might include John Middleton, the Childe of Hale.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    Steve, it's brilliant mate. Don't be arsed seeking peoples' opinions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Steve

You might want to in the meanwhile set up the website or at least a webpage with a private address where we and others could view a large size copy of the panorama and better judge who else should be on there. I believe there is one person who should be on there that I don't see, General Sir Banastre Tarleton, and maybe King John and Jeremiah Horrocks might be represented as well. Of course, we could go on endlessly. For example, since some have been arguing that Hale should be part of Liverpool you might include John Middleton, the Childe of Hale.

Chris
    some good ones listed there Chris. The Childe of Hale would be great, (no pun intended) .. and of course, King John shouldn't be left out.

Steve - there are loads of good ones here in this thread
    Last edited by lindylou; 02-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.

I think it's excellent work Steve...But there's still loads more to fit on it!

Hi Steve

There is also the question of who was actually a Scouser and who only visited here. For example, I see you have William F. Cody aka "Buffalo Bill" on there on the left. He would be a case of someone who only visited here. If you are going to put Buffalo Bill on you might as well put Roy Rogers on as well since I recall seeing him at the Empire when I was a lad in the Fifties and he shot dice out of the air. However there's an argument to be made that neither should be on the panorama because they weren't Scousers. Some others might be arguably honorary Scousers because of their importance in the history of the city, e.g., King John might fit in that category, and Harold Wilson, who though not Liverpool born represented a Liverpool constituency (Huyton).

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

I must admit I thought the "buffallo Bill" one was a bit tenuous too.

Laurel & Hardy once appeared at the Empire...Oh well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast