Thread: EasyHotel [Exchange Street East]

Blog Entries

Default EasyHotel [Exchange Street East]

PLANS to open a new budget hotel in Liverpool city centre could be given the go-ahead.

The scheme would see the Mason’s building turned into an EasyHotel.

Guests would pay as little as £25 a night to stay but fork out extra for items like fresh towels and a TV.

EasyHotel insists it will be aimed at businessmen and tourists wanting to stay in Liverpool’s commercial district mirroring premises across Europe.

But people living near the Exchange Street East Grade II-listed building objected to the plan.

Andrew Kavanagh, 46, who has lived in Exchange Street East for nine years, said: “We are concerned about people roaming outside and that it will be noisy.”

The firm’s commercial director Calum Russell said: “We believe Liverpool will benefit greatly from this new hotel concept.”

Liverpool Echo
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I wonder whether Andrew Kavanagh ever "roams" about or just keeps absolutely still.

Easy Hotel - what a name! C'mon love, I've booked us a room at the 'Easy' Hotel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Easy Hotel - what a name! C'mon love, I've booked us a room at the 'Easy' Hotel!
    !

Budget hotel gets go-ahead despite fears
    Aug 6 2008
    by Ben Turner, Liverpool Echo

PLANS to open a low-budget hotel in Liverpool were approved despite fears it will attract drunken parties.

The grade II-listed Mason’s building, in city centre Exchange Street East, will now be converted into an easyHotel, where guests pay as little as £25 a night to stay.

Planners backed the hotel chain’s proposal for a 70-room venue, part of easyJet airline founder Stelios’ empire.

This came despite fears it will bring “huge noise” and disruption to residents living in a next door apartment.

But the council committee yesterday backed the plan after easyHotel representatives insisted the hotel would be aimed at businessmen as well as tourists.

Local residents speaking out against the plan included Cllr Gary Millar, Liverpool council executive member for enterprise and tourism.

He said: “I know exactly what kind of customer will be attracted to the £25 price range in Liverpool city centre, the ones who come to visit and use the pubs and clubs.

“From Thursday nights onwards we have to put up with noise coming from hen and stag parties.”

Planners said hotel operators Eclipse Hotels Group would be subject to conditions such as sound proofing.

Liverpool council planning manager Nigel Lee said: “It is a commercial area and we consider that it would be entirely appropriate for that area.

“Given the current economic state bringing a listed building back into use in this way is very, very commendable.”

Source: Liverpool Echo

Its easy everything these days

I stayed in one of these in London a few months ago. The bathroom in the room is truely bizarre! It's just a bit bigger than an airplane toilet but with a shower right next to you! It's weird, it feels like you're moving about in there as well! All in all it's not bad for the price, it's a clean room with comfy beds. I wouldn't go for a room without a window, though.

Oh and hi everyone!

Just a quick Hi from me, Gottago.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.