Thread: It's Christmas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Well,Christmas is over for another another year and here we are in 2012. I'm writing this from my hospital bed (been here since the 29th). Thank heaven for the NHS, they called me in because they felt unhappy about my condition. I'm on a ward where there are some men in worse health than I am,the guy in the next bed to my left is on his final count down and the nursing staff are looking after him as well as they can;to my right is a cheery old man of 86,he has a leg that looks just like a smoked ham. Opposite him ls a youngish man who suffered a major heart attack at Christmas and is awaiting surgery. The bed facing me contains a sad old guy who suffering from dementia,he keeps on trying to eat the mattress! In the opposite left corner is a sad case,,this guy is about my age and has moments of lucidity,but he spends most of his time believing he is living in his home and work ,he talks to his wife and organises his employees,takes his dogs for walks. He looks deathly pale and I often wonder if he will make it through the night. This is my sixth day and I am hopeful of an early discharge,they are rather short of beds and won't keep me longer than they need to.
    I have made full use of the internet whilst I have been in, reading your post's has kept me from becoming dolally;so, may I offer belated good wishes for the New Year and thank you all for such interesting post's,
    BrlanD

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian daley View Post
    Well,Christmas is over for another another year and here we are in 2012. I'm writing this from my hospital bed (been here since the 29th). Thank heaven for the NHS, they called me in because they felt unhappy about my condition. I'm on a ward where there are some men in worse health than I am,the guy in the next bed to my left is on his final count down and the nursing staff are looking after him as well as they can;to my right is a cheery old man of 86,he has a leg that looks just like a smoked ham. Opposite him ls a youngish man who suffered a major heart attack at Christmas and is awaiting surgery. The bed facing me contains a sad old guy who suffering from dementia,he keeps on trying to eat the mattress! In the opposite left corner is a sad case,,this guy is about my age and has moments of lucidity,but he spends most of his time believing he is living in his home and work ,he talks to his wife and organises his employees,takes his dogs for walks. He looks deathly pale and I often wonder if he will make it through the night. This is my sixth day and I am hopeful of an early discharge,they are rather short of beds and won't keep me longer than they need to.
    I have made full use of the internet whilst I have been in, reading your post's has kept me from becoming dolally;so, may I offer belated good wishes for the New Year and thank you all for such interesting post's,
    BrlanD
    Best wishes Brian to you and yours and hope you get home soon.
    All the best fella.