Hi George

If you mean the images on the Casebook: Jack the Ripper site I am on there all the time, and have also just signed up to contribute to their new Casebook Wiki site.

Chris

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMay View Post
Just popped in to say hi again! I would love to make another trip up to Liverpool and to Battlecrease House these days but unemployment and lack of funds won't allow it!

To update you all on the status of the new book about James Maybrick and the diary:

Earlier this year I took steps to try and get back into contact with the author of the work in progress. I am glad to report from having done so that work on the book is still ongoing. Finding enough time to dedicate to completing the book has been blamed for the delay in its appearance but I have been assured that the book will eventually see the light of day.

I have to also report, however, that this was now some months ago and I have subsequently heard nothing more from the author. It will be a real shame if the book does fail to make it onto the shelves because, at the very least, the contents are sure to stir up a great debate and get people from all sides of the argument talking about the issue again. The tragedy with the ripper case though is that, in spite of all the many talented and highly intelligent people involved in its study, ego's do seem to get in the way whenever a particular persons theory is challenged. That does nothing to aid the progress of the investigation and usually ends up in nothing but accusations and occasionally lawsuits...

What a shame.

My gut feeling about the book is not good. For whatever reason, I feel the author has developed 'cold feet' about going ahead with the project. Hopefully, I am wrong about this but it seems strange to me for someone knowingly in possession of a 'hot potato' to keep it in their hands for as long as possible? This itself in my mind opens up further questions surrounding the diary and its authenticity but I guess that's another story...

All the best,

Tony.
Hi Tony

If you have anything that is reportable in Ripperologist about this new Maybrick book we would be glad to run it. I might also add that in the latest Ripperologist, others might like to know that we ran a review of your two CDs, Timeless and In Words, In Music... Of Life, Of Death. The cover of Timeless featuring Tony May* is shown below, folks... special price £15.00 postpaid for the two CDs. (*Maybrick has nothing on Tony!)

Chris