Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Mann Island/ New Liverpool Museum Area

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolkid2 View Post
    There is 1 question I love answered when I worked for St helen's buses we used to have a drop back for an hour and alway's went to mann island for a cuppa and a bacon butty BUT WHERE & WHO named it MANN ISLAND?
    Do you remember the 6d fruit machine, £5 jackpot if you got 3 bars or cherries. used that place regularly when I worked on Crosville buses in the middle/late 60's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grekko View Post
    Do you remember the 6d fruit machine, £5 jackpot if you got 3 bars or cherries. used that place regularly when I worked on Crosville buses in the middle/late 60's.
    grekko DON'T REMIND ME!!! I'm ashamed to say I do we went there and I had a bacon butty & a mug of tea and a couple of Crosville driver's were laughing a one of their conductors you've put that much money is going to go anytime!!! stupid me decided well £5 what a bonus so I started to feed it and feed it but the B**** 3 cherries and the bars would not drop? come on now, somehow you will have to make it up but your on the school special's after lunch, so that will be ok? got back to ST Helen's dropped off AND at the bus stop was A DRAGULAR ( INSPECTOR) drop your passengers off change your desination/ numbers your on the ST Helen's-Warrington- ST Helen's but were on the school specials yes you were Bus crew just rang in broke down in Ormskirk so when they get here they will do your school specials, got back had to pay -in £4 short, next morning J457 to see traffic manager in 1 hr changing you to spare duty ( grekko you know what that was) how come your £4 short? don't know sir must have falled from my bag? go and get your bag? second thoughts no, phone get j457's bag it came back hmmm how long as that been splitting? didn't notice ok go and get another new bag and check your bag regular coins are heavy!! went out conductor went passed you owe us a meal? found out later another conductor made the split then changed the bag while duty inspector was busy with another conductor that was what you call mateship

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Echoooooo Echooooo0
    the comments on this forum do make me laugh sometimes ! .. I sit here chuckling at the computer like someone nutty !

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    the comments on this forum do make me laugh sometimes ! .. I sit here chuckling at the computer like someone nutty !
    We're working on a cure for that, Lindy. Seriously, glad to hear you get so much enjoyment out of Yo! May it ever be so.

Cheers

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I sit here chuckling at the computer like someone nutty !
    Name:  lol.jpg.gif
Views: 600
Size:  33.2 KB

grekko DON'T REMIND ME!!! I'm ashamed to say I do we went there and I had a bacon butty & a mug of tea and a couple of Crosville driver's were laughing a one of their conductors you've put that much money is going to go anytime!!! stupid me decided well £5 what a bonus so I started to feed it and feed it but the B**** 3 cherries and the bars would not drop? come on now, somehow you will have to make it up but your on the school special's after lunch, so that will be ok? got back to ST Helen's dropped off AND at the bus stop was A DRAGULAR ( INSPECTOR) drop your passengers off change your desination/ numbers your on the ST Helen's-Warrington- ST Helen's but were on the school specials yes you were Bus crew just rang in broke down in Ormskirk so when they get here they will do your school specials, got back had to pay -in £4 short, next morning J457 to see traffic manager in 1 hr changing you to spare duty ( grekko you know what that was) how come your £4 short? don't know sir must have falled from my bag? go and get your bag? second thoughts no, phone get j457's bag it came back hmmm how long as that been splitting? didn't notice ok go and get another new bag and check your bag regular coins are heavy!! went out conductor went passed you owe us a meal? found out later another conductor made the split then changed the bag while duty inspector was busy with another conductor that was what you call mateship
    Some real good lads on the buses,but I sometimes wonder how when some of them got made up to "checkers" or dragulars as you called them, they seemed to change from mates into jobsworths? Good ol' days they were, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the back......except for the time I was attacked by a gang of half drunk louts outside Widnes Town Hall,bus stop in Victoria Square, off work for a week after that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Glad that tickled your fancy lindylou it's funny now but at the time and grekko will tell you that was a instant dismissal

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grekko View Post
    Some real good lads on the buses,but I sometimes wonder how when some of them got made up to "checkers" or dragulars as you called them, they seemed to change from mates into jobsworths? Good ol' days they were, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the back......except for the time I was attacked by a gang of half drunk louts outside Widnes Town Hall,bus stop in Victoria Square, off work for a week after that.
    yes we had a bloke he was everybody's mate, driver's used to like working with him (f, but then he was offered a job as you say a checker his popularty went down very quick so within a month he was back on the back, but he decided it wasn't the same it so he left, Widnes town hall now that brings back memories, I didn't know Crosville serviced that area?

Glad that tickled your fancy lindylou it's funny now but at the time and grekko will tell you that was a instant dismissal
    MrsLou wasn't laughing at what you posted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Sorry GeorgePorgie and you mary lou

It's Ged's one liners that have been making me laugh

I was reading an article in which the drug/medication Risperidone, was mentioned as an effective treatment for mental and nervous disorders. After reading up a bit on it and the different types of people who receive benefit from having it prescribed,and whereby it helped changed their outlook on life , it set me thinking.................so why then isn't it given to miserable old f*rts? Should an e-petition be started ?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Ha ha - that's even funnier then.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Sorry GeorgePorgie and you mary lou

Ha ha ha - mary lou - even funnier still ha ha
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

so why then isn't it given to miserable old f*rts?

I like that....total honesty......I'll see if I can get you a prescription.

Thanks Gp, very kind, but don't fret I'll make sure there's enough for you also, would'nt want to deny those in need.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast