Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy's street life

Talking Quincy's street life

seeing as a few people have mentioned they want more everyday shots (you should get out more you know)...think I'll go mad and start a thread for my visual musings. just those little things that catch the old eye when out and about. trying to take subtle pics from a moving bus isn't always easy so some may be a tad blurry.

Cyndi Lauper fan club outing in town; they got on the bus I was on and the racket! I was glad to get off, my head was thumping...must be getting old.

when street art works ; for those who didn't venture into the Superlambananas thread. the lady on the right is blind and the SLB has braille across it's back. she was thrilled and it was wonderful to see the SLB being used as the artist had intended

Rooneyzzzzzzzzzzzz wedding? who cares; the lady at this table certainly didn't. The woman on the left appeared from nowhere with a copy of OK and began blubbing on about the wedding pics in it.

after 5 minutes of waffling including the line..."oh I'd love a dress like that" ...the glare from the woman in the middle saw OK woman off

buggy racing ; a genteel wheel out from a local nursery

it's a fair clop

matching hoodies ; with names in case they forget who they are

ice cream fossil; this van is sponsered by the World Museum. lets hope the ice cream isn't as old as some of their exhibits!

and finally...toddler truck; another nursery outing. my nursery was never that cool

TTFN
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

Hello Quincy

Another brilliant collection of photographic impressions of life around downtown Liverpool. Excellent work once again, Quincy. Much enjoyed!

Might I ask: the setting for the "buggy racing ; a genteel wheel out from a local nursery" looks familiar but I can't quite place it. Could you clue us in as to where this photo was taken? Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
    when street art works ; for those who didn't venture into the Superlambananas thread. the lady on the right is blind and the SLB has braille across it's back. she was thrilled and it was wonderful to see the SLB being used as the artist had intended
    Well captured. Possibly one of my favourite Yo! pictures ever.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hello Quincy

Another brilliant collection of photographic impressions of life around downtown Liverpool. Excellent work once again, Quincy. Much enjoyed!

Might I ask: the setting for the "buggy racing ; a genteel wheel out from a local nursery" looks familiar but I can't quite place it. Could you clue us in as to where this photo was taken? Thanks in advance.

Chris
    That's William Brown st Chris. Looking up London rd on the right.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Great idea for a new thread

Fantastic pictures Quincy, I enjoyed looking at them.

Here's to many more

awesome pics Q, never understood why coppers run around on horses in an urban environment, maybe 90 years ago when thing were a lot more rural or in present day rural places, I reckon they need performance quad bikes in an urban environment, how is a cop gonna detain a criminal if he has to tie his horse up first to stop it running into a bus full of expectant mothers and school kids, the concept is just for illusion rather than effectiveness, plus metal horse shoes have as much grip on tarmac as metal footy studs on tarmac ?, Q if you are out and about can you get a chippy scene with the prices etc, or a crowded bus scene,? these are things i miss

Yes - and please try and get the chippy smell too and the bus stop one, well ok maybe not the bus stop one.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

thanks all

I've only just logged on so thanks for answering the query Ged. It was taking ages for pics to upload and I was concentrating more on the people that the locations.

anyway I shall certainly keep my eyes peeled for you Shoney. rush hour or early evening should be a good time to try for what you're after. if there's anything specific you want PM me

as for the braille SLB pic it was quite moving to watch her in a way. she came into shot when I was taking a pic of the 2 together. these are the other 2 I took before the one I posted.

just a case of right place right time and a lot of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Yes - and please try and get the chippy smell too and the bus stop one, well ok maybe not the bus stop one.
    it must be a real chippy, not one that sells burgers, they are not real chippys

why are the braille dots in colour ? thats a bit mad

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    why are the braille dots in colour ? thats a bit mad
    the braille is across the back of the SLB on strips.

the coloured dots I think give it's name in braille to emphasise to the sighted what it is.

you mean across is bum ? wonder what it says ?

it must be a real chippy, not one that sells burgers, they are not real chippys
    yessir

you mean across is bum ? wonder what it says ?
    it's back I should have said .
    you can actually see the lady feeling along part of it on the original pic.

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
    seeing as a few people have mentioned they want more everyday shots (you should get out more you know)...think I'll go mad and start a thread for my visual musings. just those little things that catch the old eye when out and about. trying to take subtle pics from a moving bus isn't always easy so some may be a tad blurry.

Cyndi Lauper fan club outing in town; they got on the bus I was on and the racket! I was glad to get off, my head was thumping...must be getting old.

Rooneyzzzzzzzzzzzz wedding? who cares; the lady at this table certainly didn't. The woman on the left appeared from nowhere with a copy of OK and began blubbing on about the wedding pics in it.

after 5 minutes of waffling including the line..."oh I'd love a dress like that" ...the glare from the woman in the middle saw OK woman off

buggy racing ; a genteel wheel out from a local nursery

it's a fair clop

matching hoodies ; with names in case they forget who they are

ice cream fossil; this van is sponsered by the World Museum. lets hope the ice cream isn't as old as some of their exhibits!

and finally...toddler truck; another nursery outing. my nursery was never that cool

TTFN

Keep them coming!

quiet day today...perhaps someone put the word out

disappointment of the day...missing getting a pic of the RAF jet whipping up the river. it was very low but the Albert Dock buildings prevented me getting a shot as it went by. heard it in Bootle this morning and it went over town yesterday too.

still there was this guy who thinks the world would really love to see his grey undies. perhaps I'm showing my age here but I don't quite see how this is so fashionable.

nice new sign going up at erm, oh the name escapes me...

this is tucked round the ACC side. why not have summat like this on the Wapping entrance. Personally I prefer this to the tall ones.

loud trousers were the order of the day...wish I'd know I could have worn my bermuda shorts!

Wacker Quackers having a chase...for anyone who hasn't been on one of these I'd highly recommend it. Lots of fun

a view down the bus...nice and clean too. sadly this is not the case after teenage schoolchildren decend on them

and to finish summat a bit arty farty in case Brian Sewell looks in

rain due tomoz so I'm hoping for some nice wet street shots

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast