Thread: Kirkdale Councillors

Default Kirkdale Councillors

I am a little concerned about the recent local elections. In Kirkdale we were faced with the prospect of voting for a person who had been kicked out of the Lib Dems for her lack of attendance at council meetings ( one of the reasons at least ) who has been a Lib Dem for over twenty years. Now she has been given a free ride at the expense of the loyal Labour voters of Kirkdale. I read recently in the Echo that Nadia Stewart was kicked out of the Labour Party for her bad attendance record. This seems to be a double standard. I am now trying to find the attendace records for Stewart and Fraenkel to compare them for myself. I am hoping that someone on this site may be able to help me.
    When Ms. Fraenkel was de-selected by Cressington she said she was sorry the electorate would now be represented by someone who no longer lives in the area. Will Ms. Fraenkel now be moving into Kirkdale? I won't hold my breath. I would welcome any input on this subject as I am appalled at the way politicians at all levels take the general public for granted. In Kirkdale we never see the Councillors at all, as it is an extremely safe Labour seat, yet look at all the attention they are giving Crewe and Nantwich, which Labour may even lose.

The Scottie Roader.

sounds quite pathetic that no-one else can stand against this loser, is there no-body in this electorate with an ounce of more commitment, if not maybe she is the right person for you.

I heard a rumour that if Labour got in it would turn into another militant regime. Hence why Nadia Stewart Joined the Lib Dem's.

However I still think she should have maintained her independence and Labour given the chance to run the city.

More on topic tho I think there is an easy lesson Councillors can learn that they still seem to not get. I want to see my councillor. I want them to knock on my door (Or try) at least once per year and ask is there anything you want changing in your area. I want them to turn up to residents association meetings.

I never see them, and i doubt many people in the country do

Arrow Liverpool City Council

See the Council, government and democracy web pages here.

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by charley chester View Post
    I am a little concerned about the recent local elections. In Kirkdale we were faced with the prospect of voting for a person who had been kicked out of the Lib Dems for her lack of attendance at council meetings ( one of the reasons at least ) who has been a Lib Dem for over twenty years. Now she has been given a free ride at the expense of the loyal Labour voters of Kirkdale. I read recently in the Echo that Nadia Stewart was kicked out of the Labour Party for her bad attendance record. This seems to be a double standard. I am now trying to find the attendace records for Stewart and Fraenkel to compare them for myself. I am hoping that someone on this site may be able to help me.
    When Ms. Fraenkel was de-selected by Cressington she said she was sorry the electorate would now be represented by someone who no longer lives in the area. Will Ms. Fraenkel now be moving into Kirkdale? I won't hold my breath. I would welcome any input on this subject as I am appalled at the way politicians at all levels take the general public for granted. In Kirkdale we never see the Councillors at all, as it is an extremely safe Labour seat, yet look at all the attention they are giving Crewe and Nantwich, which Labour may even lose.
    Labour takes places like north Liverpool completely for granted and does very little in return for the area or the people there. Do what Crewe did and kick them out.

Wink

Just to remind you that over the last couple of years, the UKIP and the independent candidates lived in the ward.

This year it may be a close thing between the left and the right

Smile They (Labour) lost once...

Quote Originally Posted by charley chester View Post
    ....... In Kirkdale we never see the Councillors at all, as it is an extremely safe Labour seat, yet look at all the attention they are giving Crewe and Nantwich, which Labour may even lose.
    ...before in Nantwich.

My uncle was a Labour council person (and mayor) of Nantwich for one term only when the Conservative guy was so bad he got kicked out.

He did look official with the big gold chain...

That was a long while ago (20 years?) - could it have been before Nantwich and Crewe merged? Is it that Nantwich was basically Conservative and got out numbered by the Labour voters in Crewe?

PS - to keep it on target, my uncle was born in Liverpool, and only moved to Nantwich when he got married late in life...

Its nice in Nantwich. I go shopping there.

George

When you elect a councillor for your ward you don't elect them because they don't attend so many council meetings.you elect them because...

Their honesty.
    They get things done in your ward.
    They listen and take note of your problems in the area.

Take a look at the house of commons debates,have you noticed how few attend at some debates,this is because it is of no corncern to what the debates are about to some councillors and this probably the case of some local council meetings.

Stop worrying about the puddle and start worrying about the lake.