Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCartney concert

Default McCartney concert

Monday, April 14, 2008
    KOP FOR THAT! LIB DIMS HAND OVER £1.9MILLION TO MACCA TO PLAY ANFIELD!

More from Liverpool subCulture here...

Extra 11,000 Paul McCartney concert tickets in bid to cover costs
    Apr 15 2008
    by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

THOUSANDS of extra tickets are to go on sale for Sir Paul McCartney’s Liverpool Sound concert on June 1 to cover mounting costs, the Daily Post can reveal.

Liverpool Culture Company is to offer 11,000 tickets on top of the 25,000 already sold for the concert at Anfield to cover a budget increase from around £1.8m to nearly £2m.

An internal Liverpool Council document, obtained by the Daily Post, reveals these costs are on top of £323,000 spent on the aborted plan to hold the concert in the Salthouse Dock.

More...

Oh no - another beheading of that topiary bush.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Just been on Roger Philips that Macca's fee is zero pounds. The money is in an escrow account to cover other costs.

AP.

I'm a bit cheesed off - not with Macca but the council. Paid around £67 for a ticket (still not received although credit card debited ages ago) on understanding there would be international stars as well as Macca. Now see we will get "cutting edge local groups" - in other words, cheap semi-pros. Nothing against them but not what we were promised. Would prefer Macca to do whole concert but don't suppose he will. It seems as if the council are determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And BBC1 is no longer interested in carrying it live...

It really is a farce, I mean didnt they realise when they were first organising it that a 25000 capacity wasnt going to cover the costs. I think they've woeflly overestimated media interest and now they seem to be settling for a highlights showing only on the BBC, unlike the worldwide live exclusive they promised. It reminds me of the concert at the Pier Head in 1990 to commemorate what would have been John Lennons 50th birthday and only 15000 tickets were sold when they expected 40000. Like you Julie they took my money at Christmas, but they have now admitted the thing was close to being cancelled. And there was me thinking the tickets hadnt been sent out to minimise touting.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Oh no - another beheading of that topiary bush.
    Wherez me clippers?????

Paul McCartney Liverpool Sound gig cost refund

May 29 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Echo

REFUNDS have been given to around 10% of ticket holders for Sir Paul McCartney’s Liverpool Sound gig on Sunday.

It comes after a campaign against the Culture Company by people who bought top-priced £75 tickets last year found they were to be seated in the same area as those paying £35 and £55 now.

Last month, it was revealed that 11,000 tickets, on top of the 25,000 originally sold, were to be put out for sale to cover the mounting costs.

Allocating additional tickets and a re-design of the stage has led to a “reconfiguration” of seats for the concert.

Kris Donaldson, director of Liverpool Culture Company, said: ''The Liverpool Sound capacity has expanded by 11,000, and stage specifications have also changed. Both of these developments will be of benefit to concert-goers.”

Source: Liverpool Echo
    Last edited by geoffrey; 05-29-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Apparently Macca's is giving his £300K fee to LIPA and another.

Sir Paul McCartney rocks Anfield for Liverpool Sound
    Jun 1 2008

Sir Paul McCartney took to the stage in Liverpool tonight to mark the city’s Capital of Culture Year.

The 65-year-old began his set at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium with Hippy Hippy Shake, followed by Jet and Drive My Car.

Dressed in a black, sixties-style suit, the former Beatle said to the crowd: “Thank you for coming tonight - in the city of culture -at the centre of the universe.”

The show, called Liverpool Sound, was opened by The Zutons, with a set list including Valerie and Why Won’t You Give Me Your Love.

The audience were then treated to the Kaiser Chiefs, whose songs included Ruby and The Angry Mob.

Lead singer Ricky Wilson joked with the crowd of Paul McCartney fans: “Now a new song, though I realise they’ll all be new to some of you.”

Comedian Peter Kay welcomed Paul McCartney onto the stage, saying “It’s my duty to reveal that Britain has got talent.”

McCartney is expected to be joined on stage by Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.

All 45,000 tickets to the Capital of Culture 2008 showpiece event were sold out, and the audience filled the Anfield pitch and three stands, including the Kop.

Source: Liverpool Echo

It sounds a great concert. Its a shame the BBC seems to have used a TV director who doesn't seem to know what he/she is doing. Its a mess.

Just got in from the show... all I can say is, I was blown away. Looking at it on the TV, it looked packed, sold out, jumpin' and rockin'.

I had an amazing time, and I feel justifiably proud of the Scousers who attended, and the welcome they all gave to the visitors who managed to get tickets.

A thoroughly good night for the city, I feel.

I watched the hi-lights on tv.

He played a blinder !

Paul did us proud !

the fireworks at the end were terrific - - our house was shuddering with the booms we stood out on the step to watch them.

He never fails to put a show on - not bad for a pensioner.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast