Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon is a new comic series co-written by myself and my wife, Leah Moore. This is our second Holmes series - the first being The Trial of Sherlock Holmes back in 2009.

"Sherlock Holmes is busy doing what he does best, solving a case of far-reaching international notoriety. It has landed him at the Port of Liverpool, a bustling hub of commerce both legitimate and illicit. As that chapter closes, ours begins. They head to Lime Street Station, to catch a fast steam locomotive home to London and Baker Street, when violent weather keeps The Great Detective and Watson in Britain’s second city a while longer. Long enough to encounter a monster, discover the Liverpool underworld, and to become embroiled in one of his strangest cases yet."

Readers of my blog here on Yo Liverpool might well have a better chance than others of guessing some of the twists and influences of The Liverpool Demon but hopefully that should make the series all the more interesting to you.

You can read an 8 page preview of the first issue of the series online at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14475

You can visit www.moorereppion.com for regular updates on the series (or subscribe to the email list to make sure you don't miss anything) but I'll also do my best to keep you posted here on Yo Liverpool.

Really looking forward to hearing what you all think of Holmes' adventures here in Liverpool.