Thread: Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon

Blog Entries

Default Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon

Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon is a new comic series co-written by myself and my wife, Leah Moore. This is our second Holmes series - the first being The Trial of Sherlock Holmes back in 2009.

"Sherlock Holmes is busy doing what he does best, solving a case of far-reaching international notoriety. It has landed him at the Port of Liverpool, a bustling hub of commerce both legitimate and illicit. As that chapter closes, ours begins. They head to Lime Street Station, to catch a fast steam locomotive home to London and Baker Street, when violent weather keeps The Great Detective and Watson in Britain’s second city a while longer. Long enough to encounter a monster, discover the Liverpool underworld, and to become embroiled in one of his strangest cases yet."

Readers of my blog here on Yo Liverpool might well have a better chance than others of guessing some of the twists and influences of The Liverpool Demon but hopefully that should make the series all the more interesting to you.

You can read an 8 page preview of the first issue of the series online at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14475

You can visit www.moorereppion.com for regular updates on the series (or subscribe to the email list to make sure you don't miss anything) but I'll also do my best to keep you posted here on Yo Liverpool.

Really looking forward to hearing what you all think of Holmes' adventures here in Liverpool.
    Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Some of you here might notice a bit of Liverpool history/folklore creeping in to issue #2 of the series (out today) in this image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6237cdd67aae11e2891a22000a9d0ec6_7.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	25007
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	519GTZ6LCRL._SY445_.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	26811

Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon collected edition is now available to pre order via Amazon.co.uk. <- just click this link to pre-order

The book is scheduled for release in late October 2013.

The legendary detective Sherlock Holmes and his trusted associate Dr. Watson investigate one of the strangest cases in their career! With mauled bodies appearing on the streets of Liverpool, rumors circulate that the culprit might be an inhuman monster known as Spring Heeled Jack. Determined to solve the case and debunk the city's superstitions, Holmes delves into the criminal underworld, piecing together an intricate and deadly puzzle. What have crime lord Mr. Drummond, a vicious dogfighting ring, and a museum's Aboriginal artifact exhibit to do with the Liverpool demon's rampage? Meanwhile, Dr. Watson witnesses the creature with his own eyes, and sets out alone in pursuit. Will Holmes be able to save his dear friend from the subterranean perils beneath Liverpool?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

The collected edition of Sherlock Holmes - The Liverpool Demon is available now in all good book shops, and comic shops, and also to order online via www.moorereppion.com/comics/dynamite/holmes/liverpool-demon .

An ideal Christmas pressie for anyone who enjoys Holmes' adventures, and especially anyone with an interest in Liverpool and it's weird history.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com