Thread: FORSTER

Post FORSTER

I am looking for a Forster family from Liverpool who were Organ Builders. George Alfred Forster was born in Liverpool in c.1858 and sometime before 1891 went to Australia & while there he married a girl from Yorkshire, they had their family in Sydney, Australia & then all moved back to Liverpool sometime in the early 1900's.
    I can find no census record of this George Forster as an Organ Builder & unfortunately this is all I know of this person, except maybe he or his family was actually from the Cheshire area.
    I would love to hear from anyone who knows of a Forster family that might be connected.

Browniescorner
    out of my mind.....back in 5 minutes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Browniescorner View Post
    I am looking for a Forster family from Liverpool who were Organ Builders. George Alfred Forster was born in Liverpool in c.1858 and sometime before 1891 went to Australia & while there he married a girl from Yorkshire, they had their family in Sydney, Australia & then all moved back to Liverpool sometime in the early 1900's.
    I can find no census record of this George Forster as an Organ Builder & unfortunately this is all I know of this person, except maybe he or his family was actually from the Cheshire area.
    I would love to hear from anyone who knows of a Forster family that might be connected.
    Not to worry....I found them. Would love to hear from anyone who knows of this family.
    The correct family is George Alfred Forster b 1855 in South Shields, Durham, married laura Eliza Johnson, Sydney, Australia. Father John Forster b.South Shields, Durham, Mother Theresa Murphy b.Ireland.
    The family eventually settled in Liverpool.
    Last edited by Browniescorner; 03-10-2008 at 04:11 AM.
    Browniescorner
    out of my mind.....back in 5 minutes.....