Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool's Walk of Fame Pictures

Cool walk of fame

Thanks AD... are there any pictures yet or have they got to be relocated?

Lemmo...

A.D.Williams

Quote Originally Posted by johnlemmon View Post
    Thanks AD... are there any pictures yet or have they got to be relocated?

Lemmo...
    There are pictures on the Yo Liverpool gallery section, Lemmo. You should be able to view the pictures at this link.....

http://www.yoliverpool.com/photoplog/index.php?c=8

Quote Originally Posted by johnlemmon View Post
    where is the walk of fame now and where is it going to be next time ,

i heard it was going to be relocated at the Albert Dock..??

Lemmo...
    Next to the new arena at Kings Dock has been touted for the new walk of fame personally I think it's a crap idea.

Would be better to move the walk of fame to better known place though.

Cool coocha Koo

Alvin Stadust ey

People visit the Hollywood walk of fame to see the stars of entertainers of world reknown whose

recognition are mostly household names. How many Liverpool natives, apart from John, Paul, George and Ringo, can lay claim to being known throughout the

world. A traditional "Walk of Fame" will be of local interest only. Liverpool, surely, has enough talent to come up with it's own ideas and not borrow

(steal) ideas from another durisdiction.

Heres my walk of fame set, not finished uploading yet.

I did every stone Individually and have uploaded 90 pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxmoly...7594507390307/

Will finish the rest later, been looking through 157 pics!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Cool hall of fame..

love this section, great to see so many famous scousers from all walks of life

more please...

Lemmo...

I was there by the Brittania Pub this past year..along this walk of fame.. It is so in need of repair... kind of sad to see that it has been let to crack and so on... It is a lovely promenade (along the dingle area..Mersey )and I say I sure hope they do improve it...Past names of people that Made Liverpool a world wide destination... Heres' to the improvements..

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Liverpool’s Walk of Fame was created close to Otterspool promenade as part of the International Garden festival site in 1984. Twenty years later it is still there but in poor condition, with many of the blocks containing the names of local stars cracked and broken. This in my opinion adds character to the walk of fame outside The Britannia Pub. I don’t know what is going to happen to it but I was keen to capture images of it in its present condition. You will find over 50 of Liverpool’s most famous sons and daughters.

Check 'em out in their current state: Here
    Here are a couple of shots of the original 'Walk of Fame' in Los Angeles, CA., USA. I think that a Liverpool 'Walk of Fame', purely for local consumption, could be maintained on Otterspool promenade but something more uniquely Liverpool could be placed along the banks of the new canal at Pier Head. I would like to see the coats of arms of, either, those nations that had ambassadors and/or consulates in Liverpool or coats of arms of the foreign ports that Liverpool has/is trading with. Fame'

Help find Madeleine

Default liverpool walk of fame,tom granby

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Liverpool’s Walk of Fame was created close to Otterspool promenade as part of the International Garden festival site in 1984. Twenty years later it is still there but in poor condition, with many of the blocks containing the names of local stars cracked and broken. This in my opinion adds character to the walk of fame outside The Britannia Pub. I don’t know what is going to happen to it but I was keen to capture images of it in its present condition. You will find over 50 of Liverpool’s most famous sons and daughters.

Check 'em out in their current state: Here
    "tom granby" had his name on the liverpool walk of fame.what has happened to it? is there a picture of it?plenty of info about him,but if the flag has gone!!!

Thanks Kev!! It is an interesting content for me, which I do not know to many celebrities of the city, and I am learning thanks to this. I have seen that in the photos, many tiles estan broken. Probably they have broken with the time, probably the people have broken them meaningfully... I do not know why. Does not put new stars? I think that it´s very curious and nice for the tourists and for the Liverpulians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12