Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speke Prefabs photos

Default Prefabs photos

Just to say thanks for all the posative comments on the pics .Thank you all

Default Speke prefabs

Hi robione,
    Wonderful pictures bringing back lovely memories of the prefabs and their surroundings. The whole atmosphere of those roads are evident in your photos. Pity there are non of Sandgate road! My mum and dad still live in Speke and everytime I pass that stretch of land where the prefabs where
    I try to gauge where the roads and prefabs were. It is difficult as there are no landmarks to go by apart from the back of the houses on School way which backed onto the prefabs. Do you think they left the foundations of the prefabs intact when they demolished them. If so they might give a clue
    as to the layout of the roads.

Johno

The pictures worked.
    I remember the prefabs my auntie lived there and I would walk through the estate to the cresent and to my grandparents who lived in Stocktonwood.
    Last edited by john; 03-01-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Default The prefabs

I was born in the Prefabs number 14 Dymchurch rd, I moved away from Speke for 15 years to Hale/Halebank but decided to move back here 10 years ago, it;s great to see all these comments all i can remember was Mr Harry Bishop and May Bishop she worked in the Chip van on the corner by Appledoor rd, Mr Dixon lived in number12 with two kids Patrica Dixon and Austin Dixon, Billy Kay (the bookie) lived next to them also the Birmingham twins and brother Paul lived on the estate as did Janice Rediyk who's dad was Tommy they live by the Beehive pub in halebank!May and Harry Bishop lived opposite us in Dymchurch Rd, Mr and mrs Sedman lived opposite also they moved to Bray rd,Amy Sedman married Ken Foster who was a foreman in the Dunlops factory,Also Flo and len Darnell lived in Speke Town Lane number 11 (Flo Larkin) sadly auntie Flo passed away earlier this year BUT my dear old mum still going strong living in Stapleton Ave
    If i can remember anything else i will post no problem.The Slipp
    Last edited by the slipp; 11-16-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Welcome
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Great pics. I love looking at old pics, 'specially Liverpool photos
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Smile prefabs

Some very familiar names popping up.The Birmingham twins and brother Paul.I was big mates with Paul {Birmo} saw him and the twins at the last Speke old boys rugby club reunion bash held every year.I remember the Darnells well as well.He always rode a bike,Mrs always had bright red hair.I know about her demise earlier this year,sad.I could go on forever about the people i remember and the prefabs ,just an awesome place to live at the time and lots of really nice familys

Default The Prefabs (Speke)

For : The Slipp!
    Quote:
    (Also Flo and len Darnell lived in Speke Town Lane number 11 (Flo Larkin) sadly auntie Flo passed away earlier this year BUT my dear old mum still going strong living in Stapleton Ave)

Could this be the Flo Larkin that used to live in Speke Rd Gardens, and had a brother named Desmond?? The Darnells also lived in the 'Tennies' (if this is the same family! Nice to hear those well remembered names once again!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm NZ View Post
    For : The Slipp!
    Quote:
    (Also Flo and len Darnell lived in Speke Town Lane number 11 (Flo Larkin) sadly auntie Flo passed away earlier this year BUT my dear old mum still going strong living in Stapleton Ave)

Could this be the Flo Larkin that used to live in Speke Rd Gardens, and had a brother named Desmond?? The Darnells also lived in the 'Tennies' (if this is the same family! Nice to hear those well remembered names once again!

Cheers!
    Hello, yes you are right about my auntie Flo i will get some more info and post later for you.

Thanks Slipp! looking forward to that! Des was a boyhood friend of mine! Cheers

Default leaving of Liverpool

The Slipp thats the same Janice Rediyk that went to Austrailia in 1969 she was a friend.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    The Slipp thats the same Janice Rediyk that went to Austrailia in 1969 she was a friend.
    Thats right she came back to the UK quite some years ago and the last time i saw her was in Halebank.

Default Get Back

I remember her leaving we all hung around together she was Lorretta Browns mate, I never knew she returned.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

I lived at 4 Appledore Road 1953-1963. Our neighbours were the Genges (2),
    number 6 burned down late 50's early 60's and there was a gap there, then the Owens at number 8. I went to Stockton Wood infants and juniors and also had some piano lessons at Mrs Stewarts who I think lived in Dymchurch Road - anybody remember her- a very old lady in the early 60's

Also anybody remember Jack Allans the toy shop - used to sell toy soldiers and Swopits (which were really the cowies and indians to have in them days).

Blog Entries

anyone remember the foggs of appledoor close prefabs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast