I have posted on other threads and and amfollowing up but presume some folks local to Knotty Ash and West Derby may read this so here goes.

My Mum was in an orphanage or childrens home somewhere between Knotty Ash and West Derby in the 20s and 30s. It may have been called Melwood House as we did hear my Mother say she was in "Melwood" I know there is a Carmelite convent in Melwood Drive but this is a closed order so I dont think they taught her. My Sister remember many years ago being told by my Mother that the home had been demolished and it was now a Rugby or Football field. I am trying to contact the Melwood Convent and the School next door but does anyone have any photos or info. She may have had other relatives but she was scarred by her experience and we, her Daughters, would like to trace anyone on her side of the family. Its too late for my Mother as she has passed away, and I am sure most of the people there may be dead but we did make her a promise to try. Can anyone help please.