Thread: My Personal View On Capital Of Culture

Smile My Personal View On Capital Of Culture

hello fellow sirs and maddams i guess its kinda been on my mind lately and i figured to talk about it and discuss views opions etc .. so here goes
    on the subject of capital of culture in the name is states that Culture related so when i started dressing diffrent i.e im nineteen and i have peiricngs and tatoos and listen to rock naturaly i will dress diffrent the thing is liverpool and the goverment are putting all this money into fantastic new buildings i.e echo arena the big show that kicked off but are they forgetting about the mindless voilence and abuse that is actualy going on in are neighbourhoods i think that they forget that giving us these expensive facilities is what we like but forgeting the violence because of the work plans etc it goes unoticed every few days i here about a shooting or abuse caused to people who dress diffrent or on old ladies being set on fire i hear so much of this all the time and im starting to beleive the parents of these youngsters not much younger than myself or even younger than that are little angels but it makes me feel that the way people say stuff to me like why do you dress like that why have you got those in your ears why do you listen to rock music its Crap stuff like that i dont need it make sme belive that they would rather have kids setting people on fire on the streets than people who are just diffrent because we are diffrent we are unaccepted but they are okay to set other people on fire or hurt people i.e the shooting in liverpool the other month that was rediculas its just getting worse but i belive they need futher more concentrate on major problems rather than smaller issuses in the long run it will give liverpool a bad reputation thanks for reading much apreaciatedx

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

Blog Entries

I lost the plot after the second line as I tend to read writing with capital letters, full stops, sentences and paragraphs.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by fromos View Post
    hello fellow sirs and maddams i guess its kinda been on my mind lately and i figured to talk about it and discuss views opions etc .. so here goes
    on the subject of capital of culture in the name is states that Culture related so when i started dressing diffrent i.e im nineteen and i have peiricngs and tatoos and listen to rock naturaly i will dress diffrent the thing is liverpool and the goverment are putting all this money into fantastic new buildings i.e echo arena the big show that kicked off but are they forgetting about the mindless voilence and abuse that is actualy going on in are neighbourhoods i think that they forget that giving us these expensive facilities is what we like but forgeting the violence because of the work plans etc it goes unoticed every few days i here about a shooting or abuse caused to people who dress diffrent or on old ladies being set on fire i hear so much of this all the time and im starting to beleive the parents of these youngsters not much younger than myself or even younger than that are little angels but it makes me feel that the way people say stuff to me like why do you dress like that why have you got those in your ears why do you listen to rock music its Crap stuff like that i dont need it make sme belive that they would rather have kids setting people on fire on the streets than people who are just diffrent because we are diffrent we are unaccepted but they are okay to set other people on fire or hurt people i.e the shooting in liverpool the other month that was rediculas its just getting worse but i belive they need futher more concentrate on major problems rather than smaller issuses in the long run it will give liverpool a bad reputation thanks for reading much apreaciatedx

You are absolutley correct. More money should be invested in people who can't write or express themselves. You got your point over by just being you. No further criticism needed nor intended, Bye !

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    I lost the plot after the second line as I tend to read writing with capital letters, full stops, sentences and paragraphs.
    I wish I had thought of that. I passed out halfway through from not breathing,
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

If you talk about football or colours you might get a better response.

It is a little difficult to read but I got the main gist of it.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarsden View Post
    If you talk about football or colours you might get a better response.
    Nice on Chris

That Fromos made his point and he was polite and he stayed on subject...

I think some of you were a little harsh here, or just missed the point slightly....

In Fromos defence, I see, work and meet Goths, Rockers and others of a similar ilk (never met a freerunner before though), as well as many others within the human spectrum most days; many have the grammar issues illustrated here, but the point is the effort was made and a point of view was given. I think a respectful response may be better than derision.

Yes, illiteracy is an issue, and as I work in this area, I think it too needs to see better funding in Capital of Culture year than it maybe has seen in previous years, bearing in mind Merseyside is one of the areas designated as one of the worst (statistically) for illiteracy, etc.

In response to Fromos, I couldn't agree more, even if some of the examples mentioned are extreme, it nonetheless does happen on an almost daily basis. I've had personal first hand experience of how the local councils for one area in particular 'prefer' to handle such issues (mentioned elsewhere), and sadly it does not include trying to tackle the problem on behalf of the taxpayer. It tends to be ignored until complainants give up and simply go away. A token new facility does little to appease the local populace.

Yes, we need more Police on the Street (not PCSO's), more discipline at home, school and within the justice system (which in itself needs a complete overhaul).
    Sadly I think we all know its not going to happen as long as the money goes where its 'wanted' rather than needed.

Oh, sorry for the good Grammar.....

Blog Entries

The option of more money for the issues mentioned isn't part of the capital of culture ward though and I'm sure that more bobbies on the beat are national issues that authorities all over the place have issue with. We'd still have the same issues regardless of 2008.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

we've been crying out for more cops on the street here for years, it's murder trying to cross the road on your own, especially if theres no one around to tell you the time too

I think fromos has a fair point.

I hope the subsequent years of CoC are centred on getting the worst areas up to scratch, both in terms of living conditions and aesthetically. In doing so, hopefully community centres with parenting classes and something for the disenfranchised youths to do coupled with a zero tolerence by the police on the streets for the worst offenders.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.