Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringo Starr should be ashamed

Cadfael

Personally I'd say that he can say what he wants and if he doesn't like Liverpool now then so be it. If it wasn't for the Beatles, we wouldn't be half the city we are (tourism/heritage) so I think he's done more than enough to put Liverpool on the map - if his views have changed over the years, then so what. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I am sorry to say that we all seem to have lost our sense of humour. Ringo treated Ross (and why is he on TV, the man is dreadful) the way The Beatles always treated interviews, tongue in cheek. Get this in proportion. When my cousin visited Liverpool after 40 years in Australia he said the same, there was nothing he missed. How many of us if we won the lottery would be off? Ringo is the same, he lives close to his children and grand kids. Never mind traitor, can you imagine if he shopped in Somerfield on Park Road people would say "If I had your money I wouldn't live round here" and he doesn't so what!

I must say Liverpool should have had someone like Gerry Marsden head the show, he still lives here and is proud to. I feel if you haven't been near in years and can say you don't miss it is hypocritical to head a concert. I moved from Glasgow 27 years ago to London and to here 10 years ago, i see Liverpool as my home and although i visit family in Glasgow and London i would'nt rave about or **** either off, i left for a reason and they are NOT my favourite parts of the country so wouldn't be a hypocrite and go 'home' i didn't even go to Glasow for the Capitol of Culture when they had it. I know i am NOT important in the scale of things but it's my opinion.
    Life is what you make it

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    I am sorry to say that we all seem to have lost our sense of humour. Ringo treated Ross (and why is he on TV, the man is dreadful) the way The Beatles always treated interviews, tongue in cheek. Get this in proportion. When my cousin visited Liverpool after 40 years in Australia he said the same, there was nothing he missed. How many of us if we won the lottery would be off? Ringo is the same, he lives close to his children and grand kids. Never mind traitor, can you imagine if he shopped in Somerfield on Park Road people would say "If I had your money I wouldn't live round here" and he doesn't so what!
    I agree with Cameraman, Ringo was just joking around, he says he loves Liverpool during the interview, the first time immediately after saying 'nothing' to the question 'What do you miss about Liverpool'

Some people are a bit touchy maybe?

Although I must add that I did cringe when he said 'Nothing' and everyone was laughing
    Last edited by H_Asbo; 01-19-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Ringo looks like a sissy with those sunglasses on and the black clothes.

If I had my way Smug people would be purified by being thrown In the Mersey.

And pulled out when they learn not to be smug.

Like some Apple Mac users.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Cadfael

Apart from the money side, I think the reason why he moved out is to get some peace and quiet. As much as he loved being in the Beatles, he was allowed a private life too - sometimes fans don't think that.

Perhaps just going for a pint or a paper really got silly with people wanting him to sign this and that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Personally I'd say that he can say what he wants and if he doesn't like Liverpool now then so be it. If it wasn't for the Beatles, we wouldn't be half the city we are (tourism/heritage) so I think he's done more than enough to put Liverpool on the map - if his views have changed over the years, then so what. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Yeah, It's good they gave Liverpool some tourism but Liverpool won't move on.

The Beatles are horribly over used for tourism and If no ones associated with the Beatles or was one, they hardly get a mention.

The Beatles came out at the right time, a Church Choir could write those songs.

When I went to Primary school at Morrison before It became Greenbank most of the assembly songs we sang were Beatle songs.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

The Beatles came out at the right time, a Church Choir could write those songs.
    What??

If those songs are easy to write why haven't there been a bigger group than The Beatles?

People try to write like them and maybe get one or two good songs and then fade away, almost every song the Beatles did was a hit ( I'm including album tracks too ).

The Beatles where (and are) a phenomenon, and Lennon and McCartneys songs are right there at the top even now 40-50 years after they where written, they are still constantly being played on TV and Radio, and are always voted at the top of ANY 'best songs of all time ' lists.

Oh and thats not forgetting Gerorge Harrisons songs too, his 'Something' and 'While my Guitar Gently Weeps' and more while he was with the Beatles are always played too.

That stuff was written In the late 50's early 60's thats why It became popular.

Write that stuff now and It would be average.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Steven

Ok! I'm not keen on his latest release, nor some of the comments he's made about Liverpool. However, the guy is getting on in years and is still rockin' ....

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    Well said.
    My thoughts exactly.
    So Ringo isn't as gushing as Paul McCartney.
    Neither were John and George, who never came back to Liverpool.

BTW, I shop in Somerfield, Park Road, but not through choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That stuff was written In the late 50's early 60's thats why It became popular.

Write that stuff now and It would be average.
    Ohh that must be why the Beatles '1' Album that was released in 2000 has sold over 25 Million copies already, because its 'average'?

Quote Originally Posted by H_Asbo View Post
    Ohh that must be why the Beatles '1' Album that was released in 2000 has sold over 25 Million copies already, because its 'average'?
    no you are absolutly correct but i did not start this thread to **** the beatles as i think they were amazing (well three of them). My gripe is the way that ringo did not go out his way to give liverpool any good publicity when he is part and a quite major part at that of the celebrations. Still i am sure he will make some good money out of this city which he is happy to moch infront of millions of people on tv. But what i am forgetting of coarse is that is not his fault it is all Johnathan Ross's fault. Actually what am i moaning about Liverpool is ****e, and if i could i would leave asap so if there is anyone out there thinking of coming to the city don't it's crap, we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. (of coarse that is just friendly scouse humour!)

Quote Originally Posted by huytonhead View Post
    no you are absolutly correct but i did not start this thread to **** the beatles as i think they were amazing (well three of them). My gripe is the way that ringo did not go out his way to give liverpool any good publicity when he is part and a quite major part at that of the celebrations. Still i am sure he will make some good money out of this city which he is happy to moch infront of millions of people on tv. But what i am forgetting of coarse is that is not his fault it is all Johnathan Ross's fault. Actually what am i moaning about Liverpool is ****e, and if i could i would leave asap so if there is anyone out there thinking of coming to the city don't it's crap, we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. (of coarse that is just friendly scouse humour!)

I was replying to Max mate not you of course!

Steven

Not many yellow submarines in Huyton. I can understand why you are upset. Come down to the Dingle and I will hire one out to you.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast