Hi everyone - apologies if details relating to my request already exist on this site but I havent come across them so I'm asking those of you who are knowledged in the content of the various threads.

I'm looking into starting a 'mile post' project. I'm based in Knotty Ash and the mile post in question is situated at the corner of Thingwall Lane were it runs onto Thomas Lane. The mile post is fine, dated 1778, but the iron 'finial?' has succummbed to the elements with a severe degree of erosion.
As the mile post is grade ii listed, I want to know how I would go about getting the 'finial' replaced, if at all possible. I would also like to find a picture of how it should look. I have tried looking (mike roydens site etc) but nothing has cropped up yet. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. My cause could be futile as LCC maybe responsible for refurbishing the finial but with a 70m debt to pay off (it is an ex-tram network, it has gone to meet its none maker) the chances of having this looked into are very very slim.

Cheers,
Morgo444