Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of the Culture Show on BBC2?

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    That rapper - - - - how awful !!

that stuff about robbing and crashing your car --- WHY WHY WHY did they let him on ???

That's ALL we need !!
    This lad has a myspace page and some stuff on youtube, dont know if thats taking the piss about impending court appearances and screwing the dole but if it isnt someone may be made to look fairly stupid in future for booking him on. If he is a lad from a scally background though who is using a talent to do something useful with life rather than hanging round making others life a misery then good luck to him.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=11818409

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgQL...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTAs2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2c0...eature=related

Thanks for the links Ste, but I couldn't stomach watching them.

To have that kind of representation of Liverpool when it's meant to be our finest hour ...

I give up !

Red face

was he sighting poetry ol did he say liverpool had the first chav,s i.e. (we where the first to wear trackies) well i had a shell suit once

Default Download .mp3

Click here.

The videos appear to be filmed around the Ingelnook pub (Ullet Rd.), Sefton Park (beneath the iron bridge), Aigburth Road subway.

One of the quotes below is incorrect:

1) Well he might claim we started the trackies and shell suits but I never had one.

2) Man Utd beat managerless Newcastle 6 nil last weekend, Jeeez, it was a bit hard on big Sam, even pregnant women get 9 months to deliver.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

The Rapper ticked all the boxes for the BBC.
    Not relevant to C of C, Liverpool or anything scouse, but the producers at the BBC would have said that he was representative of "culture".
    Rapper, just put the correct letter in front of the R and that would best describe him

I don't know why they didn't have Liverpool presenters though instead of one from Manchester and one from Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I don't know why they didn't have Liverpool presenters though instead of one from Manchester and one from Sunderland.
    I'll tell you why, because as an outside watcher the whole thing seems to be a load of rubbish, when it's all over and your no better off and you get the bill in the rates or the taxes then you will understand why everyone else has been saying ' the emporoer has no clothes on, he's in the altogether" then you will realise why, the whole thing is a marketing ploy, and you bought it, and it has no MOT and no road tax. and thats my opinion.

I agree with most points here...Who on earth allowed that bloody rapper on?...The one stereotype we've tried for decades to get rid of.
    And as for the comment by the Mancunian presenter "Let's see if Liverpool is as cultured as Manchester"... words fail me.

I've noticed that any stereotype of scousers (ie that rapper) sticks to us like mud for years . But, why doesn't TV shows like "Shameless" do the same for Mancs?

Why was Manchester even mentioned at all on a programme about Liverpool Capital of Culture?

It only goes to prove that having most of the media based in Manachester is to Liverpools disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    I'll tell you why, because as an outside watcher the whole thing seems to be a load of rubbish, when it's all over and your no better off and you get the bill in the rates or the taxes then you will understand why everyone else has been saying ' the emporoer has no clothes on, he's in the altogether" then you will realise why, the whole thing is a marketing ploy, and you bought it, and it has no MOT and no road tax. and thats my opinion.

I haven't bought anything, As a drummer, I got to see an inspiration to me when I was 14, the Beatles, Ringo Starr - for free

We have to see the bigger picture, CoC will bring more money into the economy that it costs and as i've already said, a developer has offered to swallow the 20M shortfall to create a retail park in a grotspot but that by some just seems to have been brushed aside so we can't moan then but that's the other thread.

sawllows, and offers to swallow ? we've all been there.

More on the scouse rapper here..

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post

I've noticed that any stereotype of scousers (ie that rapper) sticks to us like mud for years . But, why doesn't TV shows like "Shameless" do the same for Mancs?

Why was Manchester even mentioned at all on a programme about Liverpool Capital of Culture?

It only goes to prove that having most of the media based in Manachester is to Liverpools disadvantage.
    Granada reports has an agenda, if its bad news we get to hear things like "happened in Warrington near Liverpool"

If its good news we hear " Happened in Warrington in Cheshire"

[QUOTE=Ged;105379]More on the scouse rapper here..

This just doesn't cut it with me...If he's a caricature of a scally...It's crap
    He's a total non entity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast