Thread: Liverpool Is Number One (SINGLES)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Liverpool Is Number One (SINGLES)

Atomic Kitten are the last band from Liverpool to have a number one - the 56th top hit to come from the 2008 City Of Culture. They had three in all: The Tide Is High from 2002 and Eternal Flame and Whole Again in 2001.

But the list starts way back in 1953 with Lita Roza whose less-than-rocking How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? led the way for Merseyside musicians.

Read the rest, 23 pages in total, from our friends at Sky News: CLICK HERE
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Has any one got the full list of No 1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    Has any one got the full list of No 1s?
    There is a full list here

http://www.thenumberoneproject.org/index.php?pid=home

Paul McCartney has had No.1s as a solo artist, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet and multiple (as part of charity singles the Crowd and Live aid)
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

The Real Thing were the real thing in 1976 with You To Me Are Everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBegUqRKZec

Sing along everyone

a good huyton band

Thanks SteH for the info

More info on the MySpace site, and some previews of the tracks...

http://www.myspace.com/thenumberoneproject

Heres the list of benefitting Charities:

http://www.thenumberoneproject.org/i...?pid=charities

OMDs take on 'Whole Again' A hit for Atomic Kitten written by Andy McCluskey is available to listen to at the official OMD site here:

http://www.omd.uk.com/html/news.html

Actual track here:

http://www.omd.uk.com/html/downloads.html

Default Stars Line Up

Stars line up for Number One Project gig at ECHO ArenaJan 19 2008

Jade Wright Liverpool Echo

THE organisers of Merseyside’s biggest charity music event are putting the finishing touches to tonight’s star-studded concert.

Some of the city’s biggest names will be performing at the Number One Project concert at the ECHO Arena.

The project aims to raise £1m for six Merseyside charities, including the ECHO’s Liverpool Unites, with a single, album and tonight’s concert.

Natasha Hamilton of Atomic Kitten is opening the show with a dramatic version of You’re My World.

She said: “I’m so excited about playing the arena. I’ve never been in. I’ve been driving past for months, watching it go up. It looks amazing.”

She will be joined onstage by fellow kittens Liz McClarnon and Jenny Frost.

“We’re so pleased to be singing together again,” said Jenny. “And to be raising money for six Merseyside charities makes it all the more special. All our friends and family are coming.”

There will also be performances from Ian McNabb, Amsterdam, The Real People, Sonia, The Scaffold, Garry Christian, China Crisis, Eton Road, Doctor and the Medics, Ray Quinn and Gerry Marsden. Best known as leader of Gerry & the Pacemakers, he will sing Ferry Cross The Mersey, You¹ll Never Walk Alone and How Do You Do It?

“Liverpool has played a special part in pop history and I am honoured to be invited to celebrate with so many old friends all that is special about this great city of ours,” he said.

“However, the most important aspect of the evening will, of course, be to raise money for six fantastic charities who, day in and day out, year after year, continue to make a genuine difference to the lives of so many Liverpool people.”

The final batch of tickets, normally reserved for artists and their guests, go on sale today priced £22.50. For details call 0844 8000 4000.

McCulloch's special gig

And it seems that there may be another special concert for the project in the pipeline.

Echo and the Bunnymen singer Ian McCulloch is rumoured to be planning a special fundraising event later in the year, and all proceeds will go to the six charities.

John Ritchie, who came up with the idea for the Number One Project with Martin O’Shea, revealed: “Ian couldn’t do the gig at the arena, but he was really keen to help the charities involved, so he’s planning to put on a special event later in the year.

“I think he’s calling it Ian McCulloch and Friends. Ian is a music legend, and knowing some of the hugely influential friends Ian has within the business it promises to be something really special.”

Steven

Can't find it mate. Is it going out on Radio ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Can't find it mate. Is it going out on Radio ?
    It was last night Steven, I imagine theyll release a DVD eventually after the CD comes out

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    It was last night Steven, I imagine theyll release a DVD eventually after the CD comes out

Thanks Ste

Crowd salutes city hit parade
    Jan 21 2008
    by Richard Down, Liverpool Daily Post

A STAGE crammed with Liverpool’s best-known musicians has launched the city’s latest assault on the charts in a sold-out charity concert.

More than 10,000 fans packed the Echo Arena Liverpool to witness a roll call of the city’s number one hits on Saturday.

An eclectic mix of performers ranged from long-standing favourites Gerry Marsden, of Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Farm and China Crisis to relative newcomers X-Factor’s Ray Quinn and Eaton Road.

Other artists performing on the night included Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s Nasher, Connie Lush, Amsterdam, Ian McNabb, Sonia, Towers of London, Anthony Hannah, Shack, Billy Fury's band the Tornados, The Real People, Scaffold, Thea Gilmore, featuring Mike Cave, Thomas Lang, and the cast of Hollyoaks.

Backstage, the gathering was dubbed “Liverpool’s biggest-ever cabaret” by The Farm’s Peter Hooton.

The whistle-stop tour of the city’s musical history launched the latest attempt to land Liverpool a chart-topping single with a cover of Cilla Black’s Anyone Who Had a Heart, by multi-platinum selling girlband Atomic Kitten.

Singer Liz McClarnon said: “The fact we’ve been able to do this gig in Liverpool means the world to us.”

“We’re just very proud to have appeared on the bill,” added Jenny Frost, returning after a year-long break for a baby.

“The support out there was amazing and we would love it if Liverpool got behind us and paid their 75p to download the single.”

Their release on January 28 is the brainchild of Atomic Kitten manager Martin O’Shea, and has long been billed as an attempt to earn the 57th number one for Liverpool in the Capital of Culture year.

But Dr and The Medics frontman Clive Jackson nearly missed out when researchers forgot he came from Liverpool.

He told the Post: “It’s not a secret that I’m from Liverpool, so I was a little bit offended to be missed out.

“It was only when fellow band member Paul Nevin heard it on Radio 2 that we got in touch and I sent my original birth certificate.

“They were kind enough to let us play here tonight and the event has been fantastic, everyone’s done such a good job – except the researcher who forgot about us!”

An emotional ending to the concert saw Gerry Marsden lead the audience in a full-blooded version of You’ll Never Walk Alone, and backstage he said: “That was the best I’ve ever heard it. Tonight was the greatest gig in the world.”

All proceeds will be distributed among six of the city's leading charities; The Liverpool Echo Sunrise Fund, The Marina Dalglish Appeal, Alder Hey Imagine Appeal, Marie Curie Hospice Liverpool, Radio City's Give A Child A Chance, and Radio Merseyside's Charitable Trust.

richarddown@dailypost.co.uk

Source: Liverpool Daily Post

This might well be the next, a great version of it, not too far removed from the original actually.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    This might well be the next, a great version of it, not too far removed from the original actually.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html
    Available on download only, I'm so out of touch with music now I dont know how that affects its chances, has any single ever got to number one on downloads alone?