Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatles around the city

There's a load of images on here.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/conte...allery.shtml?1

Steven

Excellent Paul, thanks for that.

Thanks for posting those images - not too sure about the statues of Macca and Ringo - don't look much like them. Still say the one over the original Beatles shop is the best likeness.

Oh, how I would LOVE to stay there! It would be a dream come true. Unfortunately, can't come back to visit at this time. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the great pix. We don't get too much Beatles news (except for the divorce stuff) over here in the states, unless we actively search for it (which I do!).

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    Oh, how I would LOVE to stay there! It would be a dream come true. Unfortunately, can't come back to visit at this time. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the great pix. We don't get too much Beatles news (except for the divorce stuff) over here in the states, unless we actively search for it (which I do!).

A lady member on here loves Liverpool and the music here so much, that she come all the way from Hawaii at least one a year. You will make it over here one day, and you will be made very welcome.

I visited back in 1984 and I never wanted to come home. Everyone I met was so friendly. I felt very much at home.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    I visited back in 1984 and I never wanted to come home. Everyone I met was so friendly. I felt very much at home.

Liverpool has changed a lot since 1984 but the people remain the same. When you really get to know the members on here, you will find how helpful they can be in providing you with inside information about, not only about the Beatles but many other Liverpool groups.

Default george harrison

George Harrison`s statue on the front of Central building
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

during his 'Bangladesh' phase.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    during his 'Bangladesh' phase.
    He did a lot for the people of Bangladesh, and his 'concert for Bangladesh' was like a mini 'Band Aid'. Co organised by Ravi Shankar

The first time that Ravi Shankar came to the west and did a concert he started off the concert with tuning his sitar. As is quite normal in an Indian classical music concert Ravi Shankar came out on stage and sat down to tune his sitar. It took him 45 minutes. When he finished the audience gave him a standing ovation! He said very humbly to the audience, "If you like my tuning, you will probably like the actual music that I will be playing tonight."

Eee bah gum, we were easily pleased back then lad, oh yes we wah
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by H_Asbo View Post
    He did a lot for the people of Bangladesh, and his 'concert for Bangladesh' was like a mini 'Band Aid'. Co organised by Ravi Shankar

The first time that Ravi Shankar came to the west and did a concert he started off the concert with tuning his sitar. As is quite normal in an Indian classical music concert Ravi Shankar came out on stage and sat down to tune his sitar. It took him 45 minutes. When he finished the audience gave him a standing ovation! He said very humbly to the audience, "If you like my tuning, you will probably like the actual music that I will be playing tonight."
    A mate of mine was playing classical music on his guitar at the Phil last year and he spent half an hour on the stage tuning up. Eventually some of the audience had fallen asleep and some were walking out.
    The manager came on and said to him, "What's taking you so long ? we had the famous Segovia on last week. He just walked on, picked up his guitar and played."
    My mate replied, "Some people just don't give a sh*t do they ?"

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by gregs dad View Post

George Harrison`s statue on the front of Central building
    There you go again Gregs Dad...Another fine pic
    I woulda liked to of seen George without the beard.I like GH but I don't think much of the statue.The JL one is decent.
    Anyway brill pic

I agree Zaps.. the beard throws off what people picture George to look like..the John Lennon one was brill...
    Thanks for showing the fine work about the City.. Hadn't seen those before..

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    I agree Zaps.. the beard throws off what people picture George to look like..the John Lennon one was brill...
    Thanks for showing the fine work about the City.. Hadn't seen those before..
    it could almost be billy connolly

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast