Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky TV Coverage of C of C

can i be a woollyback if im from woolton? a few people have said i'm not a scouser cos i'm from woolton village. is huyton and kirby lpool?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyEvans View Post
    can i be a woollyback if im from woolton? a few people have said i'm not a scouser cos i'm from woolton village. is huyton and kirby lpool?
    That sounds a bit harsh to be accused of being a woolyback being from Woolton. In the 80s when they had footy spcial trains to the aways they's always stop at Allerton, Mossley Hill and Edge Hill before Lime St, but anyone who didnt stay on till Lime St would have people shouting 'woolies' at them as they got off earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyEvans View Post
    No you are not, I hope you can now sleep at night
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Blog Entries

Up to 50,000 people are expected to take part in a mass singalong as the curtain falls on Liverpool's year as European Capital of Culture this evening.

Sir Paul McCartney performs at an Independence Day concert in Kiev, Ukraine, on June 13, 2008

Sir Paul helped launch Liverpool's culture year

The 12-month festival is drawing to an official close tonight with a party on the River Mersey waterfront.

The singalong of The Beatles' Abbey Road classic Here Comes The Sun and the Farm's All Together Now will be followed by an eight-minute fireworks display.

Liverpool will officially hand over the Capital of Culture mantle to Linz, Austria, during the event, called the People's Celebration.

Elsewhere in the city, a number of cultural venues will keep their doors open until late at night to allow people free access to museums, galleries and music events.

The Capital of Culture year has been hailed as a critical and commercial success.

Leader of Liverpool City Council Warren Bradley said: "2008 was a life-changing year for this city and we want to say thank you for everyone who helped play their part."

The Capital of Culture year was launched on January 11 last year with a performance by Ringo Starr and Dave Stewart at the city's St George's Hall.

Highlights included the hosting of the Turner Prize, MTV Europe Music Awards and a concert at Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium which featured Sir Paul McCartney.

Earlier this week, the Government announced that cities will compete for the title of British capital of culture every four years under new plans to use the arts to boost urban regeneration.

The People's Celebration takes place around the Pier Head, Liverpool city centre, from around 6.15pm. Sky News will be covering the event live.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I was down there and it was good.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12