Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Liverpool Schools

Blog Entries

Default Haunted Liverpool Schools

Is this worthy of investigation and discussion?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Is this worthy of investigation and discussion?
    Childwall C of E (Salisbury House) was noted for its 'strange goings on'. The caretaker in the '80's lived in the top floor of the building and on numerous occasions, he heard things 'moving' around.

The building was used as a Ministry of Pensions Hospital for wounded servicemen during the war.

http://www.childwall.info/childwalltour3

Blog Entries

Wasn't Earle Rd Juniors used as a morgue during the war? The school had a swimming pool underneath its building, in the basement. Strange goings on in here I reckon!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

The Bluecoat School, while I didn't go (my bro did), has the infamous subject of 'Peg Leg' who was a shot down in his plane in the war and crawled up to the building and passed away in the corridor. Peg Leg's Corridor as it always was known was a very very cold underground corridor at the best of times whether the story was true or not!

Hi Kev and Cadfael

I reckon that in a couple of schools I attended, Rose Lane and Quarry Bank, my ghost is still wandering looking for my lost GCE results.

Actually maybe the ghostly (or was that ghastly?) pupils of Rose Lane are wandering the aisles of Tesco's looking for their lost school.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

There is said to be a ghost in Anfield jnrs, I knew two people who worked there during the evenings and they said say there would be strange knocks and bumps. - ( but I don't believe in ghosts)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08abelltowerAnfieldschool-1.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	4718  

chippie

My school of Heyworth Street had an apparition or ghost which appeared every morning at nine o,clock prompt at the gate.

Oh no that was our teacher Mrs Lovat or "love it" as we kids called her. Didn,t get the joke at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    The Bluecoat School, while I didn't go (my bro did), has the infamous subject of 'Peg Leg' who was a shot down in his plane in the war and crawled up to the building and passed away in the corridor. Peg Leg's Corridor as it always was known was a very very cold underground corridor at the best of times whether the story was true or not!
    Brother Cad,
    I was a pupil there in the 50's for 4 years. I read about this on Bluecoat Boy's site and it was news to me. It is a figment of someones imagination since I left there. I wonder if Mr. Slemen was a pupil?.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Isn't there a possibility of every school being haunted though?
    It seems every school has a haunting
    It's the same with theatres, castles, inns, & country houses. The one place where more people die than anywhere else (namely hospitals) never seems to attract the same 'hauntings.'
    It is Accomplished

Blog Entries

I've not come across any famous school ghosts in Liverpool so far, I'd love to find a Moaning Myrtle or Nearly Headless Nick haunting a local comp though.

I remember that people used to tell us that Hillfoot school was haunted but that was par for the course as it lay derelict for years and it wouldn't me nearly so much fun if there wasn't a ghost.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Brother Cad,
    I was a pupil there in the 50's for 4 years. I read about this on Bluecoat Boy's site and it was news to me. It is a figment of someones imagination since I left there. I wonder if Mr. Slemen was a pupil?.
    It may well be a story, but it's a fairly long standing story - 20 years + to my knowledge. It's the corridor...now let me see. Enter the building from the main doorway, turn right past the Head's office and go down the staircase till the bottom. The door opens on to 'Peg Leg's corridor - it's that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    It may well be a story, but it's a fairly long standing story - 20 years + to my knowledge. It's the corridor...now let me see. Enter the building from the main doorway, turn right past the Head's office and go down the staircase till the bottom. The door opens on to 'Peg Leg's corridor - it's that one.
    The story was doing the rounds when I was there 1982-89.

I know the passage you mean. It was the route we had to take to get to the headmasters office for punishment. The teacher went via Shirley Hall to get there quicker to get his story in first. It is a damp miserable place because it is below ground level at that point in the building which is built on a slope, there is no natural light there and it is the ideal place to start a story like that. I realise it is a long standing story but I had never heard that passage called Peglegs until I found the 'Bluecoat Boy' website.
    Last edited by shytalk; 01-01-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

DaisyChains

I went to Bellerive FCJ High School in Windermere Terrace.
    There is an underground tunnel that links 2 buildings that we had to use to get from lesson to lesson, and it was creepy down there.

I remember being told that a nun from the old convent used to haunt the tunnel. She had fallen down 'the glass stairs' and died.

Was that a sort of sub-way like TJ's, London Road that goes under Stafford Street?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast