Thread: Deysbrook Area

Blog Entries

Default Deysbrook Area

CAMPAIGNERS were celebrating today after winning their long-running battle to rebuild a crime-ridden row of derelict shops.

Empty buildings at the heart of Deysbrook had become a haven for drug users, vandalism and anti-social crime.

But it took residents 10 years to realise their dream of turning the derelict shops into a new community centre.

And it came just two years after it appeared the whole project was on the brink of collapse when a £245,000 government grant seemed to have been lost.

Councillor Ann Hines, who helped lead the campaign, said: “Change doesn’t happen overnight and we’re now starting to see the fruits. I’m delighted for the people living there.”

Campaigners hope the new £500,000 Deysbrook Village Centre, in Deysbrook Way, will become the hub of the once crime-ridden area.

Two days of celebration kicked off yesterday with Cllr Peter Millea cutting the ribbon.

Children from the new on-site nursery performed songs and dances for the crowd and got the chance to meet Father Christmas in his grotto. And there was bingo for the over-50s.

Cllr Hines said: “The estate within West Derby was in desperate need of regeneration.

“The Deysbrook Village Centre will add to the quality of life for the people living there. It’s part of the regeneration of the area and I hope it will be right at the heart of the community.”

Daily Post and Echo
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

With the recently opened Tesco there and lots of new housing, inluding on the old army barracks, this part of West Derby seems to be on the up.

cockney-fella

Last year I went to view some flats on Deysbrook lane , ( Larchcroft Mews) directly opposite the Tesco with a view to buying however after talking to some of the residents who told me they were constantly being burgled I decided otherwise.
    And I see the flats are still up after 18 months, speaking to a cabbie he said theyre constantly being robbed

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by cockney-fella View Post
    Last year I went to view some flats on Deysbrook lane , ( Larchcroft Mews) directly opposite the Tesco with a view to buying however after talking to some of the residents who told me they were constantly being burgled I decided otherwise.
    And I see the flats are still up after 18 months, speaking to a cabbie he said theyre constantly being robbed
    A bit further down the road where they knocked down Langholme height are the new "Coronation court" flats.Very secure and very nice.
    Ok it's near Landford but all the residents like it there and as far as I know there's been no reports of burgalry. You should try there if you're looking to stay around Crocky/Nogzy/Fazak although I have seen similar flats elsewhere.

cockney-fella

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    A bit further down the road where they knocked down Langholme height are the new "Coronation court" flats.Very secure and very nice.
    Ok it's near Landford but all the residents like it there and as far as I know there's been no reports of burgalry. You should try there if you're looking to stay around Crocky/Nogzy/Fazak although I have seen similar flats elsewhere.
    Well I did eventually move onto Queens Drive , just off the Swan end of Derby Lane I've been there 18 months, and it was fine until a few weeks ago, now we're getting kids from Moscow / Kremlin Drive coming round and becuase they can't break into the shops they try the private houses.
    We have no vandal gates at the back so theres nothing to stop them, I've chased them off myself but theyre back 10 minutes later. They don't care at all its been going on from 10 at night till 4 in the morning till the sun comes up.
    I work away on the oil rigs and don't want to jkeep thinking my house is going to get turned over, so I'm moving to a terrace in Kensington where I know the people in the street, and theres vandal gates.
    Does anyone know Herrick Street at all ?