Thread: Childwall in General

Default Childwall in General

hey im a newb to the forums but i love childwall i have lived here ten years i used to play games in the woods and have explored most of the city being a freerunner i spend my life on the rooftops of the city and the rural and urban city sides but one thing i could never explain is the backend of renolds park you come out go up the road straight ahead and there is a huge tower ive always wanted to no what that was any ideas ?? most apreaicted

im only 18 but i love liverpool its a great topic and im amazed at this forum

x
    Last edited by fromos; 12-04-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: because it went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by fromos View Post
    hey im a newb to the forums but i love childwall i have lived here ten years i used to play games in the woods and have explored most of the city being a freerunner i spend my life on the rooftops of the city and the rural and urban city sides but one thing i could never explain is the backend of renolds park you come out go up the road straight ahead and there is a huge tower ive always wanted to no what that was any ideas ?? most apreaicted

x
    Hello fromos

Welcome to Yo Liverpool. I am pleased to hear about your interest in local heritage. Reynolds Park is not Childwall but Woolton. The tower you are talking about is I believe is reputedly the highest point in Liverpool. Have a look at http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...?page=2&t=1822 -- the Reservoir Tower on Reservoir Road, Woolton. Thanks for your contribution, fromos, we look forward to your further posts here at Yo Liverpool.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by fromos View Post

x

You could do worse than to check out my Childwall website at www.childwall.info

Most of this forum had a den in the woods at somepoint - I'm surprised no one sold tickets to enter the woods, they'd have made a bomb from us kids!

Cadfael

I've finally got around to converting an old cine film that was put on to VHS and now digitised for youtube. Taken by a family friend on his private cine camera in 1969, shows a bit of Childwall, the church and the tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8P9tDoBn3E

Cadfael

Now another video:

Showing the 79 climbing Childwall Valley Road and also the horses grazing on the 'Bloody Acre' field!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cdUJuwfWZo

Nice to see a Bi-plane buzzing the skies before!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pict1ure 001.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	12119