Hi all.

Slightly unusual request but I hope one of you will be able to help me!

I'm trying to get hold of a list of all the local telephone dialling codes that were in use within the Liverpool 'director' area in the 1950s and 1960s - you know, back in the days when the exchanges had names and you'd dial the first three letters of the exchange and then the number (e.g. ROYal 9333, which then became 709 9333 in the late 60s when all-figure numbers were introduced)

Specifically, I'm looking for the codes that you would have dialled from Liverpool to get to exchanges NOT in the Liverpool area but which were still local to it (today's equivalents would be numbers in the 01704/01695/01744/01925/01928/01244/01352 areas, which are all local to 0151).

These were usually published on a card which fitted in the drawer of the old 200- and 300-series bakelite telephones, along with instructions for calling subscribers on your own exchange, calling directory enquiries, placing telegrams and reporting faults etc.

I've managed to track down a couple of mid-60s examples - hopefully these are correct:

* AU4 for Aughton Green
* HA9 for Hawarden
* 555 for 4-digit Southport numbers
* 71 for 5-digit Southport numbers

Can anyone help out with completing the list? Does anyone maybe have one of the aforementioned cards (the official name of them was "A5599 Telephone Dialling Code Cards") that they can reference?

Thanks in advance!

Nathan.