Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loop Line

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    My thing for big long bike rides started with the day I went to the loop line "for an hour" and ended up at Southport
    I used to do Childwall to Halewood each night and sometimes Childwall to West Derby really quickly - normally just missing shoppers using the Sainsbury's entrance as a short cut

John(Zappa)

I too have cycled the loop line.
    I tink the worst part of it nowadays is the Broadway bridge and sometimes by the walton estate/Jacobs factory.Other than that its ok except for them **** bollards.Bollards to them.They're a nuiscance.I know they are supposed to stop the thugz on the motorbikes but the dog crap and glass thats always around them wrecks my head and punctures and dirtys my tyres

Cadfael

Couldn't believe my e-mail this morning....

We have an anti-social behavior problem on the loop line by ours, not so much our road but a couple of roads down where there is access from the road to the loop-line. There was talk of closing that access off but I told the council that if they did, we'd get all the traffic from the main bridge on the loop-line so that would just push the problem further away.

Then we got a Labour leflet around to say that they were closing the walkway off and blocking access so I sent em an e-mail telling em of my thoughts and how that we'll end up with the problem.

Had an e-mail back from our local councillor today, perhaps they had been in touch with the police and sorted it all out? Nope, they're going to move the entrance 10m further away so local residents aren't annoyed by the scallies.

I mean, at what cost to the tax payer will this cost and for what purpose?

The world has gone mad.

They should be doing something about the scallies - full stop. Then, maybe nobody would have the problem shifted nearer them.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Cadfael

I bit the bullet and ended up replying to them accusing them of wasting tax payers money by moving a piece of tarmac 10 meters so that it is now nearer other residents houses and asked if they had thought it through at all or just put a pin in the map. I also then went on to say that if the Police patrolled the Loop Line at night then they would have their cells full of smack rats and lager louts who try and intimidate people as they go past...not realising that when I sent the E-mail, it was 'cc'd' to someone in Merseyside Police from the original e-mail

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Oh dear!

Well, we had a man with a knife walking round by where my college is last week, this prompted a sudden rise in the amount of police present in the area. How strange!

Maybe it takes a near death experience to warrant the need for a police presence??

Does your area have community patrols??? I know that Wallasey and Birkenhead do around their respective town centres and parkland. I often see them on the 410 travelling between the two.
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12