Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All Saints Church, Childwall

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Thanks Cadfael for the aerial photo of the Score Lane blind bend. We'll have to differ on perceived risks to children of vehicles coming round this bend at speed. Speed bumps don't tend to slow such people down !!!
    I'll have to get this one straight - are you more happy with bods crossing at the pub lytchgate or the next one down opposite the church hall side entrance? I am of the party which has no problem with the current 'crossing' yet feel that people are at major risk at the 'corner' - is this your view too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    I'll have to get this one straight - are you more happy with bods crossing at the pub lytchgate or the next one down opposite the church hall side entrance? I am of the party which has no problem with the current 'crossing' yet feel that people are at major risk at the 'corner' - is this your view too?
    Both are hazardous really but the I see the real hazard as when the large numbers Sunday school children queue to cross at the road at the from the church hall to the Church's south porch entrance. Risk of course is a matter of judgement, the accuracy of which only time will reveaL. The essence of road safety is however to assess these risks and act accordingly. The fact that something hasn't happened is not an argument for doing nothing.

That's very true, but there is also trying to create a problem when one doesn't exist. If we have been crossing the road since 1930 when the church hall was built, to my knowledge, there has never been an incident when crossing the road - and this is nearly 4 times a month for me for a good number of years on the busiest times.

No point in suddenly claiming that the road is dangerous (the PCC, not you) when in reality, there hasn't been an issue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234