Thread: Frank Emery

Default Frank Emery

I am looking for any info on my great grandad Frank Emery. I can find no info on him but have found loads about my Nan Mary Alice Cave (Molly). Frank was born approx 1912 were not sure if in Liverpool. He married Mary Alice Cave in 1936. They had 4 Children Frank, James, Robert & Lily. We think Frank possibly had 2 sisters Martha & Lilian but we are not sure if any brothers. The families Murray , Perry & Tullacher have been mentioned in conjunction with his sisters but were not sure at all. Frank & Molly lived in the West derby area where all children were born. We would be ever so grateful for information on this quiet unassuming man.He died in 1976. Thank you

There is a marriage for Frank and Mary December 1937 Liverpool North 8b 653, the cert will give his fathers name and make it easier to trace the rest of his family with more accuracy.
    Lilian possibly wed Thomas Murray 1938 L,Pool
    Regards
    Dot

Hi

Good advice from Dot you need to get Frank's marriage certificate to find out his father's name. Someone in the family might have a copy if not you can purchase it, using the index information posted by Dot, from the GRO website:-

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates

According to Frank's death registration information from Jan/Feb/Mar 1976 (he died aged 64) he was born on the 4 Dec 1911.

Looking at possible matches Frank might have been born in Birkenhead. His parents could be Albert Emery and Martha Brighouse. They married at St. Nicholas C of E church Liverpool on 10 Nov 1903 and later moved over the water to Birkenhead. Albert was originally from Widnes and Martha from Kirkdale. Albert was a mariner and later an oil tank driver for British Petroleum in Birkenhead.

This family later moved back to Liverpool and younger children were born in the West Derby registration district. Here are children from this family I found in the birth indexes:-

Martha Emery 1904 (Liverpool) - died 1906
    Clara Emery 1905 (Birkenhead)
    John Charles Emery 1907 (Birkenhead)
    Thomas Emery 1909 (Birkenhead) - died 1909
    Olive May Emery 1910 (Birkenhead) - died 1910
    Frank Emery 1911/1912 (Birkenhead)
    Eliza J Emery 1913 (West Derby) - died 1914
    Lily Emery 1916 (West Derby)
    Robert Emery 1917 (West Derby) - died 1930
    Albert Emery 1919 (West Derby) - died 1920
    George Emery 1920 (West Derby) - died 1920
    Ivy Emery 1921 (West Derby) - died 1923