Thread: Lego Minifigures and the Merseyside Man who helped create them!

Blog Entries

Default Lego Minifigures and the Merseyside Man who helped create them!

A MERSEYSIDE man has spoken of his pride after the LEGO Minifigures toy he helped create turned out to be a 2011 bestseller.

36-year-old Matthew Ashton from Wirral works in the Danish town of Billund in an office where a slide (not stairs) connects the mezzanine with the ground floor.

Where designers sit at desks covered with creations instantly recognisable to children the world over. And the drawers are filled with some of the most commonly-used construction materials in the world. Where the general atmosphere is a hubbub of heightened creativity and the big personalities which go with it.

The former Wallasey School student and Wirral Met graduate has been employed by the colossus of the toy industry for the past 11 years.

In that time he has overseen the creation of some of the biggest-selling toys of the century, construction kits based on movie franchises such as Toy Story, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Matthew’s job involves visiting film sets to study the layout and ensure every last detail of the Lego version is correct when the final bricks click in to place.

It also means he gets to meet big-name directors Steven Spielberg and Jerry Bruckheimer and queue for lunch on the Hogwarts set between Emma Thompson and Rupert Grint.

But it was actually a Barbie- inspired fashion project nother massive name in the toy world which led to him landing the Lego job.

Matthew, who grew up in Upton and has returned to Wirral this Christmas to visit her parents Chris and Pete, said: “I was doing an Art Foundation course at Wirral Met where I decided my goal was to be a fashion designer.

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...#ixzz1hltABRTY
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Well. Where to begin?
    It was annoying enough when these 'press-blurbs' ran words together (for the sake of copyright?) that jarred when read.
    Now, with the inclusion of crappola, they have gone from bad to worse.
    'nother' instead of another is just about bearable, but when 'he' became 'she', the last straw hit this camel.

If whoever puts this rubbish together does not wish it read then Kev tell them to stick it!

Fun is fun...sh1t IS sh1t.

Blog Entries

I've got no idea what you are on about Oudeis, do u have something against Lego?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

"Matthew, who grew up in Upton and has returned to Wirral this Christmas to visit her parents ..."

And the more general point that many of these press/publicity web-shots are intentionally unintelligible, or do not accept the formatting here, i fyouknowwhatImean?

[I feel calmer today, but it still grates!]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    "Matthew, who grew up in Upton and has returned to Wirral this Christmas to visit her parents ..."

And the more general point that many of these press/publicity web-shots are intentionally unintelligible, or do not accept the formatting here, i fyouknowwhatImean?

[I feel calmer today, but it still grates!]
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate