Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE PEOPLE DEVELOPING THIS CITY

Default THE PEOPLE DEVELOPING THIS CITY

You will all know about my views regarding South Liverpool Parkway and their proposed Traffic layout.

Well here is an update for you on the people who are given the go ahead to build something in this city.

John Waddington of Merseytravel has been in touch with a local councillor and has informed the councillor that Merseytravel have the support of local residents for the proposed traffic changes in the area.

I can categorically state that Merseytravel DO NOT HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE RESIDENTS in the area. Merseytravel representatives tried to intimidate residents by visiting them at their homes last week. 3 of the residents would not open their doors and the rest told Merseytravel to stick their plans as they did not agree with them. So how does John Waddington get to the result that the residents agree with the plans. Luckily this local councillor has asked for the proof from John Waddington to back up what he says. He won't have the proof!!!!

Is it any wonder that Merseytravel are being called under handed in their dealings over the Tram project.

Give some people a bit of power and they think they run the city. I hope the local councillor stands by the residents in the way he is doing lately.

The traffic regulation order for Woolton Road Garston has ben rejected by the Garston Area Committee until and amicable decision has been made between the residents of Woolton Road and Maerseytravel & city planners.
    It was noted that their had been underhandedness on the behalf of Merseytravel in the submission of the plans for the local area.

The reason for the rejection of the order was because it was to benefit only the Parkway and Merseytravel and did not in anyway consider the local residents. A Regulation Oredr should only be put in place if it is to benefit the local community and the local area.

A.D.Williams

Taken about two weeks ago.

A.D.Williams

A.D.Williams

A.D.Williams

Last one!

Good pics Dave,

If you look at the first photo, the cars parked on the road at the bottom of the steps would not be able to do so if the planners had their way as their would be a set of traffic lights there. Restricting access to the residents homes !!!!!

A.D.Williams

That little car park no good. Seem strangely quiet when I parked there!

Saw that when I went to speke retail.

So nothing but a transport place then.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Saw that when I went to speke retail.

So nothing but a transport place then.
    It used to be home to South Liverpool Football Club, I used to watch them with my Grandad
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I used to sell the match programmes there as a kid.

Reason the car park was empty is because the other week 10 out of 12 residents cars were vandalised when they were parked on the car park. It is too isolated and the residents have been saying this since the beginning but merseytravel were obviously pulling the strings then !!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garstonlad
    I used to sell the match programmes there as a kid.

Reason the car park was empty is because the other week 10 out of 12 residents cars were vandalised when they were parked on the car park. It is too isolated and the residents have been saying this since the beginning but merseytravel were obviously pulling the strings then !!!!
    There has been a big crackdown on thugs though hasnt there? Around the springwood area? Hopefully the thuggery will die down for the winter
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

A scetion 30 or ASBO has been issued and it covers the Garston Cenotaph area upto and including the shops by New Heys school.

I believe it is the biggest ever issued in this country.

Blog Entries

Do u think 20 years ago when we were 10, we would have got Asbos? We used to get up to loads a mischeif, especially on the railway/ Golf Course.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Some pics from the back of the Parkway.

The bottom picture isn't very clear but it is actually where the footbridge meets the fence of Garston C of E school. Is this why the school wants to sell it's land ? !!!!!

Last edited by garstonlad75; 12-18-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast