Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
The point is these riots would not have taken place if this teenager had not been carrying a gun and therefore would still be alive.
Hi George

Sorry, George, I don't agree with you.

The fact that a lot of people are scratching their heads about the reasons for the riots and there are heated debates about what needs to be done, shows I think that the initial cause of the riots could have been anything.

The other aspect that shows the causes of the riots were deeper rooted than just the shooting is the fact that they spread in such a copycat fashion. Another initial cause could happen, whatever it might be, and another spate of violence could occur just the same -- except of course that the police and the communities, presumably, would be better prepared.

The guy in the video has a point. I don't much like what he has to say but it appears to me that he characterizes the people involved in the looting and vandalism very well. I also agree with him that drugs have a lot to do with the sickness in society and with the "don't care" mentality and lack of respect of the youth of today. I see the same thing here in the United States with callous teenagers and young adults preying on their elders, so it's not just a British problem.

Best regards

Chris