Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boy at gate – but where?

It actually looks like some sort of private garden.
    Cemetery? and if this is right then that would mean gates on the small Cemetery.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Even StGeorges Church had its own little cemetery at one side and then was consecrated at sometime? I'm not too sure who got buried there when it was a cemetery...might of been past pastors or clergymen?

Might this have happend to the church on the ariel view?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    If you look at the original photo and at the head of the road leading to the gates you will see a round roadsign either side of the boy on black and white poles. We can only see the back of them obviously but Possibly saying no entry or no motor vehicles as it's private?
    There's what looks like the back of a sign right by the boy's face, mounted on the iron gate or fence. If the suspicion is right that the gates or fence belonged to a public convenience it might have read "Gentlemen" or "Toilets."
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wilkinson View Post
    Thanks to all the efforts made in locating the photo. I took my camera down to Princes Avenue this afternoon to follow up the location named. Here is my photo of Parkway taken from inside the gateway of the stuccoed terrace opposite. It all seems to fit. I presume that the gates were removed after the photo was taken and also that the central boulevard was remodelled and extended. Otherwise it all seems to fit.

Attachment 22489
    Colin, I understand you wanting to identify the location of that fantastic picture of Frank Dugan's you posted,however, the stuccoed house at the junction of Upper Hill Street/Princes Road, you visited today for your photo is unlikely to be the location. If you notice there is a central reservation cutting across directly in front of your view and this was the same at the time of Frank's photo, no central reservation is in view on his. Davec , seems to be the person who has identified the location...... see his Aerial View below, it may assist in showing where the boy possibly was..... looks the likeliest to help
    you.
    Click to enlarge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aerial view.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	22490

Thanks grekko - nice bit of work, wish I could do it.

This Google street view from across Princes Road which might give an easier to grasp idea of where I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selbourne Street (3).jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	22491  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234