Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with a Liverpool ghosts and hauntings book

Default RESEARCHWRITER

I WORKED AT RENSHAWS IN CROWN STREET TOXTETH
    BY THE WOMENS HOSPITAL I HEARD THERE HAD BEEN
    A LOT OF GHOST SIGHTINGS THERE OVER THE YEARS,
    NOT THAT I SEEN ANYTHING MYSELF BUT I DID HAVE A
    FEW SHIVERS AND STRANGE FEELINGS WHEN I WAS WORKING ON MY OWN IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE FACTORY AND I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO SCARES EASELY.ALSO I HAVE READ ALL OF TOM SLEMEN BOOKS AND I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING IN HIS BOOKS ABOUT RENSHAWS SO MAYBE THAT COULD BE A PLACE TO START GOOD LOOK WITH THE BOOK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chazsam View Post
    I WORKED AT RENSHAWS IN CROWN STREET TOXTETH BY THE WOMENS HOSPITAL I HEARD THERE HAD BEEN
    A LOT OF GHOST SIGHTINGS THERE OVER THE YEARS, NOT THAT I SEEN ANYTHING MYSELF BUT I DID HAVE A FEW SHIVERS AND STRANGE FEELINGS WHEN I WAS WORKING ON MY OWN IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE FACTORY AND I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO SCARES EASELY.ALSO I HAVE READ ALL OF TOM SLEMEN BOOKS AND I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING IN HIS BOOKS ABOUT RENSHAWS SO MAYBE THAT COULD BE A PLACE TO START GOOD LOOK WITH THE BOOK
    Cheers Chazsam, the book is all done and dusted now but I'm always interested in hearing about other local occurrences anyway. I assume you mean Renshaw Scott Ltd‎ Renshaw the food manufacturers. Do you know how long the factory has been there?
    Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

I will be appearing on the Linda McDermott show on Wednesday the 26th of November at around 11pm (the show starts at 10pm) discussing 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool.

You can listen live online at BBC - Liverpool - BBC Radio Merseyside - Radio Mside and the show will be available for 7 days on Listen Again after the initial broadcast.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    I will be appearing on the Linda McDermott show on Wednesday the 26th of November at around 11pm (the show starts at 10pm) discussing 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool.

You can listen live online at BBC - Liverpool - BBC Radio Merseyside - Radio Mside and the show will be available for 7 days on Listen Again after the initial broadcast.
    Congradulations Researchwriter.. You have worked countless hours on your books, etc.. and now broadcasted live.. brilliant!! Good luck..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    Congradulations Researchwriter.. You have worked countless hours on your books, etc.. and now broadcasted live.. brilliant!! Good luck..
    Cheers naked lilac.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Postponed until next Wednesday, 10 pm. Sorry.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Well done Research writer in getting a book out there.
    I will offer to stay in any "so called" haunted place for the night (if the price is right).
    "Ghost my $&se" as Jim Royale would say.

I have done in Chingle Hall (supposedly very haunted) for free - and the only spirits that night came from our vodka bottle.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I have done in Chingle Hall (supposedly very haunted) for free - and the only spirits that night came from our vodka bottle.
    You mean you never even seen an orb ?

Saw a carrot in my spew next day and that's about it.

Orbs usually don't appear to the naked eye, so I dress mine up in womens clothing.

They only appear on photos and t.v. cameras, usually it's dust particles floating around that have probably been disturbed by yvette fielding scurrying and screaming as Degzy goes into his 'Sam' trance like state - aka acting.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

researchwriter

Many Many thanks for a mention in your book which I picked up yesterday!!!

Blog Entries

No problem mate. Thanks for all your help (and to everyone else here who pitched in).

Hope you enjoy the book.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

A HAUNTING EXPERIENCE.

I have seen many ghosts.
    This is one of them. He was violent and he broke my ankle. So it was not imagination.

I joined the Esso Yorkshire, a 90,000 ton tanker, in San Francisco, in January 1975, with my brother, John, who is now the brewer from Knowlsley. The lad who was paying off was just leaving the cabin as I moved in .
    He said you won`t get much sleep in here it`s Effing haunted. I just laughed thinking that he was joking.
    It started on the first night at sea as we sailed across the Pacific for the Gulf , a 42 day trip.
    I was 4 to 8 watch and at midnight the cabin lights came on and there was a guy wearing a white boiler suit, Esso logo, but face was just like a mist. He grabbed my leg and heaved me out of my bunk and I crashed onto the deck, I shouted and got to my feet and he was gone,
    I legged it up to the mess room and the only guy around was the 12 -4 standby man, smoking a ciggy and drinking coffee, "Some ba*t*rd has pulled me from my bunk" I said " Have you seen any one?" He replied no, he had been there all alone.
    On watch at 4am I told the Mate all about it, he had known about it but there were no spare cabins on board as we had 12 NIKO workers on board doing maintenance .so I would have to stay there.
    This went on for several nights and my brother who had the cabin next door woke up one night and saw a man in a white boiler suit walk through his cabin door and then he heard the shouting and banging coming from my cabin, the coward legged it up to the mess room and stayed there for night , he did not come in to see what was happening to me.
    The ghost could pick me up as if I was completely weightless and throw me across the cabin at the formica bulkhead and bounce me off it, The bulkheads were all badly cracked.. Then one night he got my ankle and twisted it round and heaved me out including the mattress and crashed me onto the deck and broke my ankle, the cabin was completely wrecked and I was lying there in screaming agony, My brother legged it up and got the Mate and the Captain and they were horrified at the destruction of the cabin and what they saw. Though they had known about it they didn`t realise how bad it was, .
    The Captain said he could not log it as no one in the Office would believe it so he said he would log it as if I had fallen down a ladder. My ankle was strapped up with elastic bandages. I was off watch and laid up. I stayed up all night until about 2am to give the ghost time to sort himself out. I wasn?t in the bunk at midnight.
    The Captain went through the old Log Books and discovered that a man, who was on the 8 to 12 watch had received a dear John letter from his wife and so he hung himself. in the cabin. So every night at just after midnight this man`s ghost was going to turn in and I was in his bunk.
    At Ras Tannurah in Saudi 3 weeks later I went to the hospital; and had it x rayed and it seemed that it had healed OK and I was kept on light duties on day work for another two weeks just to make sure it had healed. We sailed for Guam in the Mariannas in the Pacific. When I got to Guam, I got a telegram to say my dear old Dad had died. The haunting stopped after that. So maybe Dad had a word with this guy.

I lived in number 23 Madryn Street... the things I could tell you about that house and what I experienced. See if you can find anything out about that house... I'd love to read what happened or the people in my old house.

Good luck with the book

Lyra, 23 Madryn Street, please do tell more.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast