Thread: Anderson family photograph c 1903

Default Anderson family photograph c 1903

I would like to know whether there are any descendants of the family of william and ellen Anderson (nee Hartley)married in 1868 who would recognise the people in this photo.
    It's not a good one and it looks like they have been to a funeral-they don't look very happy.I think the clothing could be in the early 1900's and possibly the first two on the left may be William and Ellen and possibly the old lady in fron Charlotte Anderson nee Clare,William's step mother.
    I have been trying to find out about this photo for a long time and have almost given up hope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andersons.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	22177  

Blog Entries

Do you know where the marriage took place?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dollydee View Post
    I would like to know whether there are any descendants of the family of william and ellen Anderson (nee Hartley)married in 1868 who would recognise the people in this photo.
    It's not a good one and it looks like they have been to a funeral-they don't look very happy.I think the clothing could be in the early 1900's and possibly the first two on the left may be William and Ellen and possibly the old lady in fron Charlotte Anderson nee Clare,William's step mother.
    I have been trying to find out about this photo for a long time and have almost given up hope.
    Any area of Liverpol known about, Dollydee? Can't recognize anyone from my family in your pic, may be able to help with Andersen name through Kellys street directory.
    Regards,
    Chas

Thanks,Chas,my Anderson family lived mostly in the Walton area.My gt.grandfather was Alexander Anderson b.1844
    mar to Ellen Hartley and the family came from Sth Leith,Scotland in the 1860's.
    I have an almost complete Family Tree but this photo is a real puzzle that I would love to solve.
    Dorrydee

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Hello Oudeis,
    Yes. the marriage was in Liverpool at St.Peter's Church.I have a full family tree of the Anderson family,my gt.grandfather was Alexander Anderson .b 1844 but I only have a photo of him in old age with a full beard and would love to find out if it was him on this old photo.
    Dollydee.

Dollydee, does your Anderson family tree contain a string of Albert Anderson's?

Sorry,JMLE,I don/t have any Alberts at all in my anderson family tree.
    Dollydee