Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine paintings

I don't mind you doing a crit based on the quality of the painting,you can call it a load of crap if you like ,I guess I wouldn't be selling you a print anyway!. I merely pointed out that the smoke can blow contrary to the direction the ship is travelling. Trains on the other hand are often doing 50 to 80 Mph and the smoke is quite likely as you say to issue straight backwards. perhaps you'd prefer this one (its correct by your estimation).

Wilt,your paintings are very good,but I would have put the smoke trailing behind that way the moment you view the painting yer eye would not be drawn immediatly to the smoke.

You as an artist should know that a distraction in a painting can cause it to confuse the viewers perception of whats going on.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

perhaps you'd prefer this one (its correct by your estimation).
    Its not about correctiveness its about harmonizing with the rest of the painting.

The waves looks very good Wilt, and a good colour.

I tell you what GP when you do your paintings ,feel free to obey all your mores and standards and I'll paint what I like, the way I like.No one is forced to buy them and I like them just the way they are or I would have painted them differently.

Oi,I'm the artist here,

Do you have a website where I can see how excellent the results of your rules and regulations make your paintings ?

Wilt,Calm down and stop getting shirty with me.

I'll lay off looking at your paintings in future if you can't take the heat.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Here ya go,Wilt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pict.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	21575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 512.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	636.5 KB 
ID:	21576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 600.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	21577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 747.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	555.7 KB 
ID:	21578  

Thanks for submitting your work ,it has great potential. regarding the I.O.M ferry, its one of the early steam turbines( King Orry,Lady of Man, etc), I believe, and would surely have been making smoke? Incidently I had many a " happy " 4 or 5 hours on those going over
    for the TT races when I lived on Merseyside.

Here's one without smoke (like yours) that should not cause a problem .The original is in Holland.

. regarding the I.O.M ferry, its one of the early steam turbines( King Orry,Lady of Man, etc), I believe, and would surely have been making smoke? Incidently I had many a " happy " 4 or 5 hours on those going over
    for the TT races when I lived on Merseyside.
    Its the Manxman actually and would not have been smoking as its going astern out of Peel Harbour.

Worked on them for four years.

Sorry, I got it wrong ,but you don't appear to have made any attempt to paint the name on the ship and my memory isnt good enough to separate them. I don't like painting passenger ships as a rule (all those portholes) I usually left that to my mate Harry. This one had more than enough for me and I was never really satisfied them. :-

Lovely paintings

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Lovely paintings
    Thank you

It may just be my computer but it appears all the relevant pictures to this thread have been removed bar one. This makes the thread somewhat meaningless. Is this some kind of censorship or just shortage of bandwidth ?

Quote Originally Posted by WILT View Post
    It may just be my computer but it appears all the relevant pictures to this thread have been removed bar one. This makes the thread somewhat meaningless. Is this some kind of censorship or just shortage of bandwidth ?
    Hello Wilt

I can see the images so it might be a problem with your browser, conceivably.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Nice Paintings! I like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12